- 14" tires
- NVH not impressive
- Rear windows cannot be rolled all the way down
- Suspension not impressive
- Poor sound quality (music player)
- Tinny body (no WOW factor)
- Bland interiors (No WOW factor)

Notes:
- Gear seems to be programmed in such a way that it's goes to higher gear and then shifts to lower gear as soon as you step on the gas. I think it's shifting a lot between 2nd and 3rd gear. Engine is very quiet in idle condition but roars (rightly so) due to constant down shifting
- Brake pedal seemed to be on the tighter/harder (no play) side.
- Steering is too smooth. You could turn it with your little finger.
- Suspension is a bit hard and you can feel the hits
- We've two bumps (one slightly bigger than the other) in our area. I usually test drive cars on both the bumps. Compared to i10 the Amaze has less ground clearance. There was a big thud when I drove the car over one of the bumps. It cleared the other one (smaller one). i10 cleared both. Micra CVT faired same as Amaze, but we just felt a scratch as opposed to a big thud on the Amaze.
- Seating is very spacious on both rows. Awesome!
- Test drive vehicle showed a mileage of 10.5 km/ltr. I consider that good. I think the gear box programming really helps the "kita deti hai" factor. I think it up-shifts quickly and down-shifts when you hit the gas. But it does that too much and it's irritating.
- Micra CVT stock tires are 15" and I didn't like the small tires on Amaze.
- Even with -1 bass, the door vibrates while playing music (or even the chatter on radio stations). I was not at all impressed with the system. Supposedly Honda allows customers to upgrade the system to a 2-din that consists of bluetooth, cd player, radio, gps for about 50K.
- I asked few friends how they find the looks of Honda Amaze and the feedback was "cheap looking car". The comment is in relation to the price. OTR price is close to 10lakhs. And if I upgrade the music system add more...
- I found the interiors quite bland. Absolutely no WOW factor. I did like the arm rest in the center of the rear seat though. That's it!
- Seats are very comfortable. Can't comment much about under thigh support. I don't know much about that. I might be able to comment only after a long trip.
- Like Brio rear windows won't go all the way down (can you believe it!!)

Summary:
This is an over priced car with no WOW factor. Even the AT box didn't impress me. I think the engine is too weak for a 5-speed transmission. It would've faired better with a 4-speed transmission, but the mileage would've been a bit less.

I want a car that feels special. Micra CVT did give me a bit of that kinda feeling.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
@Rafian
Good review buddy !! if you have driven Honda City AT/SunnyAT, the how would you rate this or compare
I've driven City MT (2009 model) and found it very good. Good quality interiors, good ride quality. When I drove it I didn't really look at it with "reviewing" eyes. I would say no glaringly visible negatives.

I guess the difference between City/Civic and Brio/Amaze is kinda similar to the difference between Toyota Altis/Camry and Etios/Liva.

I've driven City MT (2009 model) and found it very good. Good quality interiors, good ride quality. When I drove it I didn't really look at it with "reviewing" eyes. I would say no glaringly visible negatives.

I guess the difference between City/Civic and Brio/Amaze is kinda similar to the difference between Toyota Altis/Camry and Etios/Liva.
Excellent example. I have the same impressions. There is hardly anything 'premium' about Honda Amaze. Feels cheap and has been giving so many troubles to its owners! [frustration]

+1 Great summary rafian.

The small engine/low rpm torque is the reason for frequent gear shifts. Thats the way it is for most torque converter automatics with small engines. May be Honda should do some ECU re-programming to delay shift down to lower gears frequently.

Top Bottom