A Brief Introduction To M&M Anti Landmine Vehicle MPV-I

Thread Starter #1
Mahindra-Anti-Land-Mine.JPG

This is not a Test drive review, but a brief experience i had with this unusual vehicle.

It was yet another boring weekend. I was returning from a town nearby my project site, when I came across this vehicle.

It was being parked near a tea shop. Maybe the driver was tired of driving this beast [:)].

I have spotted this vehicle quite a number of times since my place tops the list of naxal affected regions of Jharkhand and holds a good position in the country listing too[;)].

Now I had an urge to check out this vehicle each time i saw it, but this being a CRPF vehicle, the civilian access is almost nil. However, on Saturday, when i saw this vehicle getting parked near my car, I couldn’t resist myself from giving my try to get hands on this vehicle. After hesitating for a second or two, I went straight to the place where these CRPF guys were having their tea, and after a brief formal conversation, starting storming question about the vehicle. The pilot of the vehicle was a calm guy and very patiently answered all my queries. However after sometime, that amazing thing happened. He offered me to check out the vehicle. That made my day. The next moment he was explaining about the vehicle exterior. Be it the thick glasses, driver assist cameras, or those meaty tires, he gave all the details which he knew about.

About the Vehicle.

Name: Anti Land Mine Vehicle (Mine Protected Vehicle- MPV-I), 230BHP, 6X6

Manufacturer: Mahindra & Mahindra Limited (With BAE Systems UK)

Protection Level: It can withstand attack of 7.62x51mm NATO, 7.62x39mm Soviet and 5.56x45mm NATO rounds from a distance of up to 10meters.

Furthermore, it can withstand 21 kg of TNT equivalent explosions directly under any wheel, and 14 kg of TNT equivalent explosions directly under the crew compartment.

I will let the pictures do the talking now.

This is one of the first production vehicles which was delivered to the Jharkhand Police in the year 2011.

DSC03577.JPG
DSC03575.JPG

Thanks to its beastly figure, this camera assists the driver to view the objects too close to the vehicle.
Similar camera is present for rear viewing too.

DSC03578.JPG

Whether its the driver, co-driver or the Jawans, all have to enter the vehicle from the rear. There’s no entry/exit gate for the driver or the co-driver from the front.
The rear camera can be spotted just above the

DSC03579.JPG

Unlike what I expected, the interiors are far better. All the seats are equipped with seatbelts. The cabin tends to get hot in the summers, that’s to its typical structure, however it is well taken care of by the very powerful air-conditioning which chills the cabin in no time.
DSC03581.JPG

Not a climate control, but a temperature monitor which lets the driver and occupants know about the temperature of the cabin.
DSC03597.JPG

The unusual gear shift pattern. Look at the pattern of 4th & 5th gear.
DSC03593.JPG

The instrument cluster
DSC03594.JPG

The camera display can be viewed in this LCD screen. Pretty much similar to the setup installed in the cars. Further, the M&M guys had installed the camera in inverted position when the vehicle had been their workshop.
DSC03583.JPG

This pic was clicked from the roof window of this vehicle which is used by jawans to fire on their enemies and also provides them a bird eye view.
DSC03585.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was reading each and every line. Looking forward for your driving experience.
The moment i saw this picture in fb i couldnt resist asking quiries to you.

Wow Akash, thanks for sharing those fantastic pics.

Really loved the post.

Aah goof up by the dealer with inverted image[surprise].

Good thing is the CRPF allowed you to explore the vehicle.

Rating 5 stars.

WOW, fantastic you are one of the few lucky civilians to get your hands on one of the rarest machines on our roads,

Now time for one foolish question, did you ask the driver about the mileage of this beast?:stupid:

WOW, fantastic you are one of the few lucky civilians to get your hands on one of the rarest machines on our roads,

Now time for one foolish question, did you ask the driver about the mileage of this beast?:stupid:
Hahaha, "kitna deti hain" like the MS ads. I guess it should be in liters/km rather than being km/liter :lol!:

Cheers,
Anshuman

350Z

Core Team
You’re lucky to have a short stint in this mammoth. They usually avoid civilians but driver was indeed kind enough to permit the entry. I like the last shot with your Alto.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Ohhoa! This is HUGE & MASSIVE. Great coverage and pics. Thanks Akash, for sharing info about this beast! [clap]

PS: Notice that front left camera is also missing and those wheel archs are looking little odd

Ohhoa! This is HUGE & MASSIVE. Great coverage and pics. Thanks Akash, for sharing info about this beast! [clap]

PS: Notice that front left camera is also missing and those wheel archs are looking little odd
Thats cause the truck is not new and has been used for heavy duties i guess.
Great coverage man!

typical mahindra ass for fixing the camera upside down. anyway a brute of a machine. hope the guys using it are satisfied by its performance.

Nice and brief intro dear Akash, your're very lucky to lay hands on this massive looking beast and thanks to those naxalites who keeps these things run for (actually against) them.

It's nice to see our home-grown products serving the army, CRPF, whatever, Kudos to Mahindra.

But i did not like the cheap quality LCD screen fixed up,and the image inverted! man, donno how that person drives it all day, wish they fix it soon.

Top Bottom