My first post in TAI
I have been trying to search for a thread on polo technical discussion. Since i couldn't find any, i am posting my query here. Mods, if this is not the appropriate thread to post this, please move it to the correct one.
I own a Polo 1.2 TDI HL version (Nov.2011 18400 KMS ODO).
Last month I took it for a paining job to EVM Motors, Kottayam, Kerala. Along with the painting work, I had also asked them to check the engine vibration when idling when AC is ON.
So, along with the painting work, they did some campaigns, added spacers in suspension and did some ECU updates.
After this work, I noted the engine to be vibrating excessively. Below are my observation after the ECU update
- Now it vibrates even when AC is off. Earlier the problem was present only when AC was On
- There is no noticeable difference in power delivery
- It now Idles at 900 RPM. Needle remains at the same 900 position when the AC is switched on. Earlier it used to be slightly more. RPM needle used to stand slightly above 900.
- Also noticed that the mileage has increased. I regularly drive between Kottayam and Ernakulam. I never got a average MID mileage display of more than 24.5. But after this update, it started showing higher figures on the same road, same conditions, same fuel! I tested this three times and got figures 26.5, 27.3 and 26.3.
I took the car back to service center to check this. They checked everything and are saying that there is nothing wrong with the car. When inquired on diagnosis they did, here is what they told
- scanned for error codes. No errors seen.
- Compared my car with another Polo TDI of same age and with hydraulic engine mounts. Says this vibration is there for every cars.
- Says 850-950 is the standard idling rpms. Anything above or below that only should be addressed.
- My car has hydraulic engine mount and all cars with this mount has this vibration. I didn't quite agree to this because there was no issue before the ecu update.
Now, I am in a situation to accept the car in this state because the service center cannot do anything!
Is there anything else I can as them to do?