Swift’s Dome Light Not Switching Off Automatically

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends, my Swift's dome light have a problem that it does not turn off if the switch is in "door" position after i shut the door. It happened due to my mistake. I was trying to install a boot light during the process i stripped the wires that going to the dome light from the right side A pillar. But accidentally the two wires came into contact and i saw a small spark ( Diy gone wrong)[frustration]. I checked the fuse everything was fine but the light does not turn off in door position even if the door is shut and car is locked.

So please help me friends. Does a new dome light assembly will solve this issue or is there another solution for this.

Last edited:
Re: My Swift dome light problem.

I think if you get it checked with local mechanic, he will be able to help you. No need to go for entire new dome light assembly.

As the wire which passes to the cabin lamp is negative, may be the wire is stripped of some where which is in contact with the car body which is again Negative.

Hence the cabin lamp stays on all the time. Check all the door switches you could get some clue. Also check if some switch which has stuck(it would be always on)

Thread Starter #4

@Dharmesh
Already went to 2 mechanics but none of them could solve this problem. One of the mechanic said " sir you can turn it off manually right, live with it sir not a big problem"[frustration]

@Varun
Door switches are all fine. i have stripped the +ve and -ve wires to wire the new light and accidentally the two wires came into contact and the light turned on suddenly when the switch is on "door" position. After that i secured the two wires using electrical tape as my diy has gone wrong. I will check it again. Swift has a door open indicator on the meter console and it doesn't lit up when the doors are closed, so i assume the door switches are fine(opened and closed every door including boot and hood to confirm this).

I can manually switch on and off the light, but it does not turn off when the switch is placed at 'Door' position and the doors are shut.

Planning to buy led scuff plates so need to connect to dome light to work with the doors.

Thanks dharmesh and Varun for immediate reply.

Finally check the wire passing through the side pillars, it might have contact with the body.

By any chance did you remove the cabin lamp (assembly) ?

Do you have a central locking, does it work fine after this ? Because it is also connected with these switches.

Thread Starter #6

@varun
I have auto cop security system works fine till date. Anyway i will check the wires passing through A pillar again. Thanks Varun. [:)]

Top Bottom