Car Wobbles After 90 Kmph. Solution?

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

I have this problem with my car from many days. it starts to slightly wobble after i cross 90 km/hr and don feel to push her more after it.i had addressed this issue with Hyundai A.S.S.during my earlier service, they said that problem with wheel balancing and alignment. it was done but again the problem persists.

But this time when i readdressed the issue , their response was tires buttons are the problem (I have MRF as stock and they said all MRF's in santro have the same problem).the suggestion was to change the tyre and problem solved. my santro clocked 35k kms till now.

so kindly suggest a solution to this and if at all i need to change the tyres, plz suggest a make.

Re: Car wobbles after 90 km/hr. solution..?

Have the wheel alignment and balancing done externally. Also did the car fall into big potholes or wheels struck anything hard at good speed?

I had the same problem with our Swift, but in our case it was poor tyre condition. A new set fixed our problem.

Have you changed to your step tyre recently ... ? Balancing should be the issue, get the tyre roataion done, does the steering vibrate after 90kmph... if yes then .. balancing is what needs to be done.. allignment has nothing to do with wobbling.. however when you do the balancing its better to get the allignment done for your satisfaction...

As everybody said check three basic thing in your car for wheel problem,
1- Check wheel balance
2- Check wheel alignment
3- Check Tyre condition.

For wheel balance and alignment do not blindly trust on the A.S.S. Do this externally outside and check with the mechanic up to your satisfaction.

Since wobbling happens only at high speeds, there could be an issue with tie rod.

Please take it to Service Center and do a detailed check up. Some bush broken or the tie rod itself is in a bad condition.

Thread Starter #7
"I had the same problem with our Swift, but in our case it was poor tyre condition. A new set fixed our problem."

@Crazycat , This is what A.S.S suggested me.

"For wheel balance and alignment do not blindly trust on the A.S.S. Do this externally outside and check with the mechanic up to your satisfaction."

@amit1km : i have tried with A.S.S wheel balancing and alignment, now will try outside and see the results.

Two things come to mind:
- Wheel balancing issue
- Uneven wear and tear on one or more tyres (among the 4 running tires).

Please don't run on spare tires, unless you are heading to the tire shop to fix a flat tire.

Before you decide to buy new tires get the wheel balancing and alignment (while you're there) done from a highly rated external garage. If the problem persists, you might have to try changing the tires.

Since wobbling is evident only at high speeds, I believe nothings serious. As rightly said by many, first get the wheel balancing and alignment done. Secondly check the external damages to tyres.

hai Deepsraven
i had this issue in my fiesta
but it will be after crossing 120+
It may be due uneven wear and tear in tyre
Check your rims for damage.

High speed wobbling means you get your wheel balancing check and then the alignment. If the problem still persists then you need to get your tie rods inspected also do get your rims checked, maybe you have a bent/damaged rim. That's one of the reason as well.

the hyundais i10,i20s were famous for the steering rattle. not sure if its that issue or the regular steering one where wheel alignment/balancing solves it most of the times.

the hyundais i10,i20s were famous for the steering rattle. not sure if its that issue or the regular steering one where wheel alignment/balancing solves it most of the times.
He never said anything about the rattling from steering , what he is saying about is wobbling. But who knows what we think wobbling might some other issue. [roll]

350Z

Core Team
I have this problem with my car from many days. it starts to slightly wobble after i cross 90 km/hr and don feel to push her more after it.i had addressed this issue with Hyundai A.S.S.during my earlier service, they said that problem with wheel balancing and alignment. it was done but again the problem persists.
There could be a few possibilities. I’m also experiencing the same problem. The car starts wobbling at anything above 80 Kmph. Since wheel alignment / balancing did not help, I’m suspecting it might be because of the front wheel rim, which is a little bent from the edges.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom