Maruti Omni Rear Tyres Skidding Too Much

Thread Starter #1
Dear All

I have bought a used 2001 injector model maruti omni last year and very satisfied with the performance. The main usage is cargo transportation. Off-late i realize the rear tire is skidding too much whenever i pass through little mud area or any loose surface, sometime i require some one to push to get out of the struck. The van is running on cross-ply. My van is a 8 seater model and the last row is now removed to accommodate the cargo. Whenever the van is loaded i notice very less skidding compare to running load free.
Now my question is whether it happening due to cross-ply tires or there is some problem in the differential. Shifting to radial tire will help the cause?

Can you guys put light on my issue and give suggestion?

Dear All

I have bought a used 2001 injector model maruti omni last year and very satisfied with the performance. The main usage is cargo transportation. Off-late i realize the rear tire is skidding too much whenever i pass through little mud area or any loose surface, sometime i require some one to push to get out of the struck. The van is running on cross-ply. My van is a 8 seater model and the last row is now removed to accommodate the cargo. Whenever the van is loaded i notice very less skidding compare to running load free.
Now my question is whether it happening due to cross-ply tires or there is some problem in the differential. Shifting to radial tire will help the cause?

Can you guys put light on my issue and give suggestion?
Hi Vikash, Omni is a rear wheel drive. Considering its a used car, how good are the tyres? I would suggest you get some new rubber (at least 2) and replace the rear ones.
Will give you the needed grip that you need.

Try when there are passengers in the car, it might be due to the weight of the car would be less at the rear so the contact of the tires with the ground this would result skidding.

Top Bottom