Fuel Pump Issue in 10 Months Old ZMR

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Today I had a very tough day and it never happened in my life.

Whole days I was in training which was enough monotonous to put me in sleep.
I started from office Manayta Tech Park Bangalore at 6 PM. My bike was having just around 1 litre of fuel so got it filled till the brim near Manayta.

I was cruising and hoping to reach home at least by 7.30PM,but hard luck that at one of the signal bike refuse to start. I just draged the bike for 2 km and got a local mechanic but he didn't able to fix the issue. I called Sri Chandu Motor Manager and asked for telephonic help.

The issue identified as fuel pump is not working. So I got one Tempo and somehow managed to get the bike at home by 10 PM by paying Rs 1600.

My questions for experts:

1: I guess warranty is still valid because this is just 10 months old.
2: Is there any chance that Fuel Pump can get damaged if fuel is just one litre.

As FYI, fuel pump costs around Rs 8500.

Thanks,
Alok

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
sorry to hear about this incident. indeed it's frustrating to drag the byke and you had to drag for 2 kilometers [surprise]

how many kilometers have you covered ? and i think since it's 10 months it should be replaced under warranty.

and many bikes run out of fuel , it doesn't damage anything , you still had a liter.

however how can they just guess on the phone without diagnosis. or perhaps they have similar complaints from other owners ?

Thread Starter #3
actually local mechanic did some alternate way to supply to fuel bypassing the pump and it got started so both(local mechanic and Hero's mechanic) concluded it's issue with fuel pump.That's the reason I got it loaded in Tata ACE tempo and traveled on that tempo standing and holding the bike, tough evening.

The bike has covered around 9300KM, I guess mechanics are not much educated on PGMFI engine that's a concern if anything goes wrong after city limit.

Alok,

worse condition of your bike has spoiled your evening, i think it was a heavy rainfall too yesterday which has made even difficult for you to reach your home.

Hi Friends,

My questions for experts:

The fuel pump and flow sensor will be replaced under warranty but they would not just replace the injectors, check with them.

2: Is there any chance that Fuel Pump can get damaged if fuel is just one litre.

Thanks,
Alok
Low fuel pressure over time can cause injector damage. If your pump was working fine and just up and failed, I doubt you have any problem. If your pump has been failing for the last few thousand miles you probably still don't have anything to worry about. If it's been putting out low fuel pressure for months on end, you might see injectors fail in the future.

Thread Starter #5
Hi Manjoo,

Naah I didn't faced rain from the way to Hebbal to Singsandra( E City).

I generally go for 13litre petrol refill each time and never ever faced any issue.But sometime we cannot assure about elctro mechanical part.

Just came back from Service Centre (Sri Chandu Motor) and they assured to get a replacement by EOD and this is covered under warranty so no need to pay :).

I appreciate the Dealer and their service in-charge Mr. Amit

Then it is a good news for you, better replace it and check for warranty for the replaced product too and one more thing we should never run with the low fuel these things might cause bigger problems further reducing maintenance costs.

Alok,

This is very bad and something looks unusual to me[cry] with a brand to bike.

Check something related to bad quality of fuel from any pump which caused this[confused]

Thanks,
Alok
sorry to hear about this incident,

Dont worry Warranty should cover the replacement of fuel pump

just having a litre of fuel in the tank has nothing to do with the fuel pump failure

Thread Starter #9
sorry to hear about this incident,

Dont worry Warranty should cover the replacement of fuel pump

just having a litre of fuel in the tank has nothing to do with the fuel pump failure

Yes, Hero Motor Corp is doing fairly decent job and they are replacing the part at free of cost. This is also a lesson learnt for me that go for the brand which has better service network.

Thread Starter #11
The good news that Sri Chandu Motor has managed to arrange the fuel pump and by 4 PM I can get my babe back. Kuddos to Sri Chandu Motor professional service and I really thankful to Mr Amit who is incharge of the Service centre. Both of them helped me a lot.

With this experience, I can proudly say that my dealer is great and that's why we purchased two ZMR one Black and other White last Year.

Coming to part failure: This is electrical parts so we cannot find out the root reason as the pump is sealed one.

Thread Starter #12
Got the bike back. Total service amount was Rs1715 which include free service, engine oil, booster oil, Teflon Coating and Front Disc Pad(Rs 1133 only).

The Disc Pad of ZMR is slightly expensive and more prone to wear and tear thanks to it's weight. I have replaced it after 9030 KM while my Bro in Law replaced it last week only after 7000 Kms.

Good job by these guys and that too quickly they have responded and solved your problem.

Ha ha ....) your weekend isn't screwed luckily you got your bike on time, I can't imagine a weekend without a ride.

Thread Starter #14
Good job by these guys and that too quickly they have responded and solved your problem.

Ha ha ....) your weekend isn't screwed luckily you got your bike on time, I can't imagine a weekend without a ride.
That's true but I have two backup one my wife's Activa and other my BIL ZMR :). So my BIL and I can pick any one of those three :). But kudos to Sri Chandu Motor for their perfect service with great care and personal touch :)

My ZMR also is facing the same problem, done 8k and she is of 1year2month old.
The fuel pump got damaged due to water, the water outlet tube was blotted.

They quoted 12k for the replacement, I am wondering whats the exact price for the fuel pump. Could any one help me on this.

Top Bottom