Symtoms of Bad Flywheel

Thread Starter #1
What are the symptoms of bad flywheel ?

Can anyone let me know how to identify bad flywheel

Thanks in advance.

Hi Lancer Lover,
Fly wheel is a huge metal mass(toothed wheel) which is basically used for energy storage purposes.Under normal circumstances flywheel doesnt go defective.Flywheel going defective or rather burning is a consequence of improper clutch-pressure plate fitting.
To identify bad flywheel is trmendous shuddering of the car during takeoffs and at times gear slipping.Moron mechanics often say its problem of clutch-pressure plate.No matter how many clutch-pressure plates you change the shuddering wont go at all.The fly wheel needs to be properly phased on sophisticated machines like lathe.I can term it similiar to phasing of the brake rotors.This needs to be done by a mechanically sound operator.

What are the symptoms of bad flywheel ?

Can anyone let me know how to identify bad flywheel

Thanks in advance.
Hi Lancer Lover,
Fly wheel is a huge metal mass(toothed wheel) which is basically used for energy storage purposes.Under normal circumstances flywheel doesnt go defective.Flywheel going defective or rather burning is a consequence of improper clutch-pressure plate fitting.
To identify bad flywheel is trmendous shuddering of the car during takeoffs and at times gear slipping.Moron mechanics often say its problem of clutch-pressure plate.No matter how many clutch-pressure plates you change the shuddering wont go at all.The fly wheel needs to be properly phased on sophisticated machines like lathe.I can term it similiar to phasing of the brake rotors.This needs to be done by a mechanically sound operator.
Very nicely and crisply explained.
Here are a few links that you might find interesting to read :

Bad Flywheel Symptoms | eHow.com

3 Signs of a Bad Car Flywheel

freakdude.

the flywheel can't become bad, unless it's broken but that's really rare..
But usually flywheel is used to refer to the clutch, when the clutch is worn out it slips, so when you press the throttle pedal you hear the engine revving up but the car doesn't take speed has it should, it's more obvious in climbs if the engine revs but the car doesn't move or when trying to start on 2nd or 3rd gear from stopped, the engine just revs with too little movement

Top Bottom