New Innovations In Automobile World

Thread Starter #1
Let us know about the new innovations which are coming up now-a-days and let us reveal ours any such useful innovations and technical ideas which is not yet present in the automotive world but will be of great help if brought to daily use in automobile world.

Thread Starter #2
I am putting my thoughts, you may say weird ideas ,which may be innovative or may be not,you decide.

Electronic automatic wheel jacks :
We all know that now-a-days most of us drive our vehicles alone on roads,either it is for daily city commutes or Long drives to other cities on short vacations.When our tyres get punctured(not the run-flat one ), its really a bad situation for many of us who are amateur drivers who know very little about changing tyres.The most difficult and dangerous part in tyre changing is jacking-up of the tyre.Sometimes it get slipped in hilly terrains or on uneven ground surface.

So my innovation(may be wierd to some or most of you) is -- installing 4 retractable hydraulic jacks which will fit to the rear and front axles just near to the respective wheel-hubs of the four wheels.They will remain fixed their all the time.The height of the hydraulic retractable jacks will be controlled from the cabin control unit(electronic) installed for them.When the jacks will be totally retracted back to the axles' mountings they wont harm the vehicle's normal drive or other regular functions.

This will help newbies to change tyres without any hurdles and most importantly lady drivers will be benefited a lot.

Please give your valuable feedbacks and comments on this.This is just one of my innovations for making our rides more comfortable.

Last edited:

napster

Suspended
That sure is innovative AHI, This could actually help lots of FEMALES and few males who still don't know how to jack a car. I guess this will cost a bomb.

Electronic automatic wheel jacks :
Such kind of electric jack's exist.They work on cars battery.All wee need to do is place them properly under the car.

If we go for 4 permanently fixed jacks the production cost will increase & make things a bit complicated.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks napster for your valuable input.

Ya it will be a product of high cost but with passage of time, when it will become a mass production and adapted by majority of auto manufacturers, prices will come down, like many daily-life products we use now-a-days which were once a high cost product.The best example is Computer.

Such kind of electric jack's exist.They work on cars battery.All wee need to do is place them properly under the car.

If we go for 4 permanently fixed jacks the production cost will increase & make things a bit complicated.
I know dude that they exist, but operating them and placing them correctly is a matter of technical know-how of the jack which many of the self driving car owners dont know and need to ask others to do the same. As we can see now-a-days TPMS(Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems) installed OEMly on many vehicle like Logan and Scorpio help people to know respective tyre pressure easily and they need not to go to pressure checking stations.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Another One

Underbody Spare Wheel Release Door:

This will complement the Electronic Hydraulic Jack I mentioned.

The Concept:
The boot floor on which our vehicle's spare wheel is stored, will have a underbody release door just below the wheel, in the floor,whose diameter will be few milimeters bigger than the tyres outer surface diameter.The door will have the wheel fixed to it and the door will have a hinge fixed to its end which is towards the rear seats and two hydraulic dampers will be fixed on either side of the center of the door,perpendicularly to from hinge.So when the door is released through some lever the door opens slowly below the body opening towards the rear bumper, then as soon as the tyre secure locks are opened the tyre will come out through a retractable rail, just infront of the rear bumper.

Benefits:
Even if your boot is loaded with luggages on long drives, you need not to take them out and take out your spare wheel in case of puncture and the luggages wont come out of the underbody door as there will be solid plate on the wheel surface in the boot as we used to have now, but more stronger, which will hold the luggages.
In normal cases, when there is no luggage, then also it is beneficiary as you need not to carry the spare wheel to its place in the boot, which used to be high over the rear bumper, and the wheel is also weighty.

Please give your comments

Excellent ideas[thumbsup].

I was wondering putting underbody spare wheel release door will not compromise on distance from surface. It might reduce the ground clearance of the vehicle, which is already a problem in India.

Thread Starter #8
Excellent ideas[thumbsup].

I was wondering putting underbody spare wheel release door will not compromise on distance from surface. It might reduce the ground clearance of the vehicle, which is already a problem in India.
Thanks RSM for the valuable input.

No dude it wont, when the door will be closed, the underbody boot floor will be similar to normal bootfloor,the space below it will not be compromised as the hinges used will be small and of high strength , and the dampers will also be small in size, enough to withstand the weight of the spare wheel and the door which will not be heavy enough.

More Innovative Ideas are coming up guyz from my end. Show your innovations too.Flood this thread with exciting auto innovative ideas which will be useful, and makes the difference.[:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Another One

GPS,GPRS,GSM/CDMA enabled Automobile Security System:

Concept:
Our present day security systems will be enhanced with a GPS reciever/tracker and a automobile mobile device(security cell) enabled with both CDMA and GSM dual-sims.As now-a-days we find that sometimes the immobilisers and security systems get failed to carry-out their functions,during that situation this technology will help.As soon as the owner notice that his vehicle is stolen, he will send a command as an sms to the vehilcle security cell(SC), which will recieve it and work as it is programmed to.It will recieve the command sms and send a command to the GPS reciever to give it the exact location of the vehilcle currently, then it will send back an sms containing the details of the exact location.The software can be also be programmed so that as soon as the security is breached and the security system and immobilising system is done with some malfunctioning then immediately the SC will send a set of alert sms with the details of the current location to the registered mobile numbers, just as the mobile-tracker system.All the services in the SC will be postpaid so that it wont stop working due to lack of balance.The SC and GPS reciever should be installed in such a way and in such a place inside the vehicle that they cant be traced by the thief and cant be disarmed also.
Suppose if the vehicle is in such a location that the SC dont have either CDMA or GPS signals, then its position can be tracked down from anywhere in the world through the GPS tracking system which is there at present and still recieving satellite signals and triangulating them to know its positin.And if this SC and GPS reciever is placed in a shockproof,fire proof container inside the vehicle and have an emergency power back-up,it wont get damaged at all and all the above mentioned functions will be intact and working at any given situation.

Benefits:
A perfect automobile security system, which will not only help to track stolen vehicles but also help to track the vehicle in case of any mishap or accident and save the occupants faster.

Please give your valuable comments.

Also pour your innovative ideas.

Last edited:
You have some great ideas. I am not sure what to reply. May be you should send your great thoughts to manufacturers.
Your last idea on GPS.. looks bit complex, but i am sure if soembody starts working on this, they can put it in the vehicles. But this might be a costly affair.

Thread Starter #12
You have some great ideas. I am not sure what to reply. May be you should send your great thoughts to manufacturers.
Your last idea on GPS.. looks bit complex, but i am sure if soembody starts working on this, they can put it in the vehicles. But this might be a costly affair.
I would like to invite innovative ideas from your end too, RSM.

I used to assist final year engineering students in their projects related to automobiles.I am thinking of developing an AHI R&D UNIT for these types of ideas/projects, but supportive infrastructure and funds are required, so it will take time.Even I have technical ideas and concepts to develop an electrical vehicle which will need to be charged just once in a month and will be operational from the energy/power produced by itself during its operation.If it becomes a reality, the whole EV scenario will change all over the world, and there will be no need for fuel cell and hybrid vehicles, which are more complicated and inefficient than my concept electric vehicle.
-----------Next Post-----------
RSM please tell me which part of my "GPS,GPRS,GSM/CDMA enabled Automobile Security System:" concept, you felt complex?? I will be glad to explain

Last edited:
Underbody Spare Wheel Release Door:

This will complement the Electronic Hydraulic Jack I mentioned.

The Concept:
The boot floor on which our vehicle's spare wheel is stored, will have a underbody release door just below the wheel, in the floor,whose diameter will be few milimeters bigger than the tyres outer surface diameter.The door will have the wheel fixed to it and the door will have a hinge fixed to its end which is towards the rear seats and two hydraulic dampers will be fixed on either side of the center of the door,perpendicularly to from hinge.So when the door is released through some lever the door opens slowly below the body opening towards the rear bumper, then as soon as the tyre secure locks are opened the tyre will come out through a retractable rail, just infront of the rear bumper.

Benefits:
Even if your boot is loaded with luggages on long drives, you need not to take them out and take out your spare wheel in case of puncture and the luggages wont come out of the underbody door as there will be solid plate on the wheel surface in the boot as we used to have now, but more stronger, which will hold the luggages.
In normal cases, when there is no luggage, then also it is beneficiary as you need not to carry the spare wheel to its place in the boot, which used to be high over the rear bumper, and the wheel is also weighty.

Please give your comments
Nice Idea but this can be used on Hatchbacks and Sedans. Because right below the spare wheel you have the Rear Suspension or the petrol tank.But i think a Hydraulic lift to raise the platform will be useful.Its irritating to get that carpet thing up till someone else gets the tyre out.

Thread Starter #14
Yes Renegade you are true, The situation which I have mentioned used to happen in hatchbacks and sedans only as most of the SUVs have their spare wheels fixed to their boot door or under the body below the boot.

The fuel tank used to be below the rear seat but not below the boot as the boot floor is lower than the rear seat base and suitable to accomodate the tank.

Last edited:

Top Bottom