How To Fill Air in Spare Wheel Fitted with LPG Cylinder?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Since I got LPG version, the LPG tank occupies spare wheel space. So the spare wheel was fixed in rear seat. Becuase of this I was having problems in filling / checking air in that spare wheel. When ever I want to use the spare wheel, I have to remove it since the mouth was inside.

Major problem was the rear parcel trey in which the speakers where fixed. If I want to remove my spare I have remove the parcel trey. But the wires to the speakers were fixed. But now doing some DIY, i have made it easy that just pulling a plug my parcel trey will be free.

After 6 months I went for filling air in my spare wheel yesterday and happily filled nitrogen in it.

Now I was just thinking is there any solution for filling/checking air without removing the wheel. is there any facility available like and extention for mouth of the tube. so that i can fix it permenantly in the spare wheel and i can fill/check as fast as iam checking the other wheels.

Experts can help me.

Thank you.

Re: Suggestion for filling air for spare wheel which fitted with rear seat

tyre valve extension (flexible type with various lengths) is available in eBay
But not sure how reliable are they. I doubt there are possibilities of leakage.

Attachments

Thread Starter #3

tyre valve extension (flexible type with various lengths) is available in eBay
But not sure how reliable are they. I doubt there are possibilities of leakage.

That's really neat. And very happy to know a product like that. Let me see the price. if it is not going to be very expensive I think I can give a try.

Thank you for the info.

Valve extension hose quite common in buses fitted with wheel cover (in their case it is difficult to inflate the inner tyre with the cover) Check with local tyre dealer.

Top Bottom