Converting a 2WD Mahindra Thar to 4WD. Possible?

Thread Starter #1
Guys i need your help!

i had bought a 2WD thar Di only because of non availability of 4WD with the dealer [frustration]. i need to know if a conversion from 2WD to 4Wd is possible .[confused]

is it good to convert or is it best to sell the 2WD version and buy another 4WD. in any case i need a 4WD jeep. pls help [roll]

Re: Is Converting a 2WD Mahindra Thar to 4WD possible

Sell your 2D, and buy 4D. If you're so much interested for 4WD, you should have waited a bit more.

Just sell your 2WD and pick up a 4WD Thar as it is a better package overall, if you plan to convert it you will end loosing Warranty.

You could try adding Mechanical Lock Differential (MLD) on your 2WD from Mahindra's ASC. Would give better off road performance than your stock 2WD. Check out a few videos on youtube to clear out your doubts, google and you will find a few folks who have added MLDs to their Mahindras.

Good luck.

Thread Starter #6
You could try adding Mechanical Lock Differential (MLD) on your 2WD from Mahindra's ASC. Would give better off road performance than your stock 2WD. Check out a few videos on youtube to clear out your doubts, google and you will find a few folks who have added MLDs to their Mahindras.

Good luck.
hi, can u tell me the difference between the stock differentials on my thar and that of MLD that u are suggesting. also would appreciate if you could forward me the web link for same.

Top Bottom