Ford Fiesta: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys
I didnt know how to describe the issue so a general Title :-)
Ocassionally while driving my Classic Petrol whenever I break I can feel the car go backwards and then it comes forward and stops.
It is like a recoil action when you fire a gun.

Has anyone noticed this before in classic?

Please excuse me if you were unable to understand the issue but this is the best I could describe [:)]

Thanks

Fazer

Suspended
Re: Problem with my Ford Fiesta Classic

Oh. I understood, but, It is a very UNCOMMON problem.
I have no idea about this! :sorry: Gurus Please.

Anyways, Were you stuck in a Traffic Jam (in some Flyover)? Because I have also felt the same thing in my Optra. I thought my car is going backwards instead of pressing the Brakes with full strength. However, I realised that It was not me who was going backwards, but, THE CARS SURROUNDING ME WERE GOING FORWARD.[lol]

That is so confusing

Okay explain

So when you brake , do you actually press both clutch and brake ? when the gear is engaged?

Please check that again on a plain surface with no incline/decline and let us know

It could be worn out clutch if you engage the brake while car is in gear ( can be described as stalling as clutch is slipping)

Thread Starter #4

Hi
I will try to explain.
When I press the break the gear is still engaged and I also press the clutch and then I notice that my car has moved a bit backwards and then forward.

From the illustrations you have made, looks like one of the rear wheel is locking.

Is your car equipped with ABS????

When was the car bought, Kms it has covered on ODO?

Thread Starter #6

Hi
Yes my car has ABS. The car was bought 4 months before and the KMs
covered are around 2000.

Thanks

Hi
I will try to explain.
When I press the break the gear is still engaged and I also press the clutch and then I notice that my car has moved a bit backwards and then forward.
Moving forward issue is due to worn out clutch , take it mechanic and adjust it and see if you still feel the same

and Mukesh ABS , am not sure about this . Going backwards in forward gear is something different

Hi
Yes my car has ABS. The car was bought 4 months before and the KMs
covered are around 2000.

Thanks
Bigdaddy24: Can you just brief us on your driving style, do you override the clutch while driving.
I mean placing your foot on clutch after shifting the gear?
As far as what I feel at least a clutch should bear these kind of driving for 10,000 Kms ,if clutch has worn out.
Did you visit dealership of Ford, do let us know the outcome.
Just tell them to check whether wheels are locking.
Moving forward issue is due to worn out clutch , take it mechanic and adjust it and see if you still feel the same

and Mukesh ABS , am not sure about this . Going backwards in forward gear is something different
CN47: Because in his query he has mentioned, that he is facing the same when braking, which means possibly a rear wheel lock, which can happen due to a malfunctioned rear wheel speed sensor.
Which doesn't blinks on ODO as a failure, sometimes.
But surely connecting a laptop and run the diagnostics through OBD can really throw some errors.

Thread Starter #9

Hi Guys
Thanks for the replies. I will take the Car to ASS in July when the second service is due.
I dont think that my clutch should wore out in just 4 months.
Nope I dont put my foot on the clutch once the gear is changed.

Bigdaddy24: Can you just brief us on your driving style, do you override the clutch while driving.
I mean placing your foot on clutch after shifting the gear?
As far as what I feel at least a clutch should bear these kind of driving for 10,000 Kms ,if clutch has worn out.
Did you visit dealership of Ford, do let us know the outcome.
Just tell them to check whether wheels are locking.

CN47: Because in his query he has mentioned, that he is facing the same when braking, which means possibly a rear wheel lock, which can happen due to a malfunctioned rear wheel speed sensor.
Which doesn't blinks on ODO as a failure, sometimes.
But surely connecting a laptop and run the diagnostics through OBD can really throw some errors.
yeah diag run can narrow it down to specific parts.

He should take it to the Dealership to get it diagnosed.
Are you still covered in warranty ?

Hi Guys
Thanks for the replies. I will take the Car to ASS in July when the second service is due.
I dont think that my clutch should wore out in just 4 months.
Nope I dont put my foot on the clutch once the gear is changed.
Don't wait till July for a disaster to happen.

Such things should always be attended instantly, so fix an appointment and get the things set right.

A slight delay means more damages to the components.

Have a joint test drive and try to narrate the things you face while driving, so that outcome will be faster.

CN47: As it's a 4 month old vehicle surely it is covered under warranty.

Last edited:

Fazer

Suspended

+1000 to Mukesh [thumbswink]

If you feel anything Fishy about the safety components, Do get them repaired ASAP instead of waiting for some mishap to happen!

I will take the Car to ASS in July when the second service is due.
Do not wait till July , take the appointment asap.
And explain the issue to any senior SA asap.
As you car is under warranty you can replace parts if there might be any problem for free.

Thread Starter #14

Hi Guys
Yes I will take it to the ASS.One more thing is that I don't feel this every time I drive and Break. It is only sometimes.

Fazer

Suspended

Then also, Something may happen AnyTime. So, Don't play with your life. Take it to A.S.S. whenever you get time. Take some member from the Service station along with you to show him the problem, if possible.[:)]
Rest, Don't give the car to some road-side mechanic. Take it to only some trusted one or A.S.S.[:)]

Cheers.

Top Bottom