I've booked a Fiat Grande Punto 2012 Dynamic BNW from Concorde Motors, Ambattur IE, Chennai.
(I'll post the selection, TD and final choice process in detail in the near future)
I've been allotted the VIN MCA118B5EXXXXXXXXDLZ.
PDI was scheduled for today at 3pm. The SE told me that the car would be in the showroom for the PDI. However, it was not ready there as he pointed out that the drivers were not available to bring the car to the showroom for a wash. He took me to their yard itself. There was this car with the above mentioned VIN
1.ODO: 43 kms
2. Car was not washed; full of dust and dirt outside.
3. So, not able check for any scratches very thoroughly; however, no dents.
4. Under the hood; all the liquids were okay; no leakages; battery okay;
Only concern regarding the the engine bay is (please take a look at the below picture); The thick bunch of cables are going inside the cabin (just in front of the co-driver's seat) through the vent; however, the insulation hose around it has come off the vent. The tape is not strong enough to hold that hose and the vent together. Attachment 53975
Will it be a problem in the long run? What I mean is that the tape which is used to hold that hose with vent isn't strong enough in these two months. How can we expect it to last longer with the vehicle.
My other question is that is this normal in your cars whoever here is owning a punto? Is this just a case of the tape not doing it's job well or is it something else which is more than fishy?
5. Engine cranking with open bonnet and open doors: Cranked at the first attempt itself - fantastic. Usual diesel clatter; only a slight hissing noise heard
, that too only when I was standing in front of the vehicle near the head lamp. Otherwise, I can not hear it. SE assured that it's normal for all the cars.
6. Headlamps turned on; AC turned on. Usual grunt when the power was utilised maximum.
7. With the engine, headlamps and AC on, closed the bonnett and all the doors. With the fan speed at 2, the cabin got chilled in an amazing three minutes under the hot sun. Fantastic! With the doors closed and windows raised, I couldn't hear the hissing noise mentioned point #5
8.Radio/CD were played. Fine
9. All the electricals like power windows, ORVMs, turn indicators, fog lamps checked and okay.
10. Engine turned off and turned on again. No unusual NVH. Engine revved till 2000 rpm.
11. All the doors and boot were opened from inside and outside and shut close.
12. Central locking checked. Only one key with central locking and button type & the spare key is manual type.
13. Seat belt warning, Door open warning, head lamp warning, battery charging & hand brake on warnings, fog lamps, reverse gear lamp, etc were checked and okay.
14. I wanted to drive the car. But the SE said no as it's in the yard and it's against their policy. However, just wanted to make sure that the odo cable is not unplugged. So convincing him to oblige me, I moved the car a bit reverse and a bit forward and found the odo alive. :)
15. Tyres are GoodYear Duraplus 165/80R14.
16. Seats were all covered with plastics except the driver's.
17. Gearshift: not able to check as I didn't get a chance to drive a little distance.
18. Vin# found in the boot; on the floor under co-driver's seat; and a sticker on the front quarter glass by the co-driver.
Looking forward for your feedback, gurus!
P.S: Apart from the unwashed car & the cable insulation coming off the tape in the engine bay, I'm content with the other pointers. Is it usual for the dealers to arrange the client PDI in the yard, in an unwashed condition. Please shed some light!