Maruti Suzuki Gypsy (MG410W) Power Steering Conversion

Thread Starter #1
hello everyone!
I am new to 'TAI'. I need some help regarding my gypsy!
I bought a '94 maruti gypsy a few days before and i wanted to install a power steering set up. I know it can be done as I have seen it in many gypsys before but I don't know where can i get it! I asked a dealer in mumbai, and he said it will cost me 30K! I have read on the the net that the Koyo p.s kit costs around 8K. Anyone has any idea as to where can I get it??????? along with the price?
thanks!

Re: Power Steering For Maruti Suzuki Gypsy MG410W?

i dont think that it is simple bolt on option, as for Koyo ps for 8k its not possible

even my one friend has done it in his gypsy. will tell you total costing.
he had done it in some shop in surat.

i had tried it and its effective.

Thread Starter #4

please let me know as soon as possible! another question , is there any specification for a power steering kit ? if yes, what spec is needed for my gypsy? any one having any information please let me know asap!

regards!

i would say go for electric power steering as it won't eat your engine power and require less maintenance

i have no idea about pune but try searching market like we have mayapuri . Total cost with fitting should cost around 9K

Thread Starter #8

thanks for the input! Is it possible to source it from delhi? Just now was puttting the soft top back on my gypsy, a thought came to my mind.... is it possible to fit a hard top to my gypsy? and if yes what happens to the tail gate??????? can it be opened?

yes in delhi its easy thanks to mayapuri .

About hardtop yes you can it should cost around 6-8K for second hand with labour charge . Yes you can very much open your tail gate .

Thread Starter #10

Sir, I tried to search for the electronic power steering but couldnt find it. Is it possible to ship the kit from Delhi and get it fitted here locally in Pune? If yes, can you please find out the price of the kit as I am interested in getting it.

Well I could but don't you think it will cost more shipping is also include + I fear what if it didn't work or had some problem I won't be able face you :( but if you say I could give try

Thread Starter #12

is it possible for you yo check it before sending? i know i am asking to much but i dont have anyone here to get it from! tht is the biggest problem.

Another way you could do is that visit Hyundai service centre and ask them if they have any totalled car and pay them little bit to give you powersteering motor or ask them place where they send there totalled cars

Thread Starter #14

ok sir , will try to find it here first and if i dont, then i ll let you know. Mean while, i was searching for the side mirrors. The mirrors installed ryt now are of no use as they vibrate and tend to move and they are not much wide so as a result of which they are not of much use. I am looking for the ones which have that vertical bar which is to be fitted on the door and on the top. I dont know what they are called. I have seen them on many gypsies, on the net. I guess trucks have them. It would be great if any one knows what they are called!

thanks.

Electric motors may be costly than hydraulic , and you could get good mechanics to install hydraulics than electronics , since E- power steering need a cut off , and only expert electrician could do this , believe me , we tried in a zen , it almost worked , but it failed . Ditched the process.

Gypsy has circular ball steering ? or rack ? i am confused -:stupid:

Bit of work , both powered could be installed !

Top Bottom