Originally Posted by bharathbigb
Why not a poll ??
Can you tell me what does this mean exactly?
Ok, all 4L did not go for maintenance. Let me narrate my expenses as short as I can.
I bought the vehicle as 3rd owner.
1st owner was a lady, hardly used it I guess. 2nd owner purchased in the year 2001 itself, some army guy. And then me in Dec 2010.
As such, condition was damn good, other than small hunky punkies here and there. She had 115k on the odo. And was old fashioned as well, I mean traditional wheels and ICE was factory fitted. And paint was also dull white. I purchased on the only reason that engine was good and my dream car and I knew for guarantee that I am gonna change her looks completely. So, didn't had any regrets for the price 175k, though Maya motors claimed it as high for 99 model.
My expenses started with Maya motors for initial service, charged me with all marketing strategies and I wasted some thousands there. And the quote they gave me for major repairs, shocked me.
So, I was driving for few months and then one of my friend suggested a guy from chennai who does a good job for lancer. Went to him, got the vehicle completely ripped off,
- changed bonnet(new) style to SLXi models with new set of head lamp assemblies and lock
- changed complete suspension unit, lower arms, bush units and shocks. Not springs
- complete general service, inclusive brake pads n stuffs of that cadre
- complete painting to metallic white, exterior only
- changed new ac compressor
- complete 3M sun film on all, including windshield.
- JVC 7" touch screen with reverse cam
- JBL front speakers
- Polk audio at rear
- JBL amp with 1300W subwoofer
- OSRAM HID lights
- Leather covers factory stitched for steering and gear knob.
- dual rubber paintings in the dash board and door panels with Black & Silver.
- Art. Leather seat covers, really good style, believe me.
- few stickers on the door panels and few here and there, and complete carbon black sticker on the roof
- and some crazy things with number plates, screws, cabin lights, horn.
These expenses costed around 225 - 250k
Then, everything was alright. Ok I forgot to mention, I changed ac compressor because that mechanic suggested me to do for ac insufficient cooling.
After a year passed, during the summer 2012, I faced similar AC problems. Took her for an ac service, he charged some 3-4k and did something and said, changed thermostat and gas and general service.
Again, same problem after few weeks. I was totally pissed off. Having spent more than 20K on AC alone, still the problem was persisting.
I thot, nothing much is gonna change by going and yelling at those guys.
I went to Torana Motors, chennai. He suggested me to change condenser and I did that. Now it's perfectly alright. So that costed between 5-10k more, I don't remember exactly.
Then came the strict regulation on sun films, so removed all those dark tinted films and had a lighter version of the same with 3M. That was around 5k.
Next, having done initial service at Maya motors, I didn't turn to them at all ever.
So, I did my 10k service checks at Ignite, where they suggested me to change suspensions all again due to bad condition. I told them it was changed <2 years ago.
So, there was a bill for 60k.
Again, I was not satisfied with the suspension in the ride, went to Maya motors.
They then said, suspensions are not original ones, instead duplicate Which annoyed me more.
Now, with confusions in mind, still trying to maintain her with regular normal maintenance checks, but I feel now, I have wasted a lot.
So bottom line is, shear desperateness. I don't want to let her go just for few rupees, as the market value has gone down so much. If I get a good hand who can take care of her, I shall continue holding her by paying him and for the FC.
If not, still I Am going ahead with the FC and then see how she rides me, may be if I find someone, I will go with it or Sell and Look for an alternative.
That was not short, I know.