Any CNG Kits Available For Nano?

Thread Starter #1
hi,
i have nano 2012 (only one month old )

due to petrol prices, i am searching for CNG conversation kit for it.
i can install sequential also, if they are available.

here CNG is @ 55/- and petrol @ 78/-

so, it makes sense to convert it in CNG.

Please give me some info about CNG in nano.

PS :- dont tell me that CNG nano will be available soon etc. coz, i already own nano, i can not get it exchanged from tata if they launch CNG version, so need aftermarket CNG kit.

Ok, but where to fix it ? As in maruti and nano there is very less boot space.

Sufer I saw the website, it says 53000 rs, does it cost so much ? I guess LPG would cost lesser.

Sufer I saw the website, it says 53000 rs, does it cost so much ? I guess LPG would cost lesser.
53,000 is for Advanced sequential kit , where as sequential kit cost around 30k.

LPG kit will cost 15-17 k

PS: Auto are running well on both CNG and LPG kits so there should not be any problem with Nano

even i haven't seen nano on CNG . but i am 100% sure with CNG this car will feel like running on air i mean already this car gives so much better FE with CNG it going to touch bike FE i am sure

Thread Starter #10
there is one person named Mr. Ravi from MadhyaPradesh,
he told me that CNG is not approved by RTO for nano. but he can fit LPG in nano with RTO approval.

the kit costs 18K. and it will run about 1 Rs/ Km (as per mr. ravi)

and the Jaipur Auto Center is selling CNG kit without RTO approval @ 18K (open type)

some pics of LPG tank fitments (mr. Ravi)

Nano-LPG.jpg

Nano-LPG-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That,s nicely fitted LPG kit, LPG is also better.
With LPG nano will return 25km / kg mileage imo.
LPG is 47-50 Rs/kg

Thread Starter #12
That,s nicely fitted LPG kit, LPG is also better.
With LPG nano will return 25km / kg mileage imo.
LPG is 47-50 Rs/kg

yeah, but problem is that, LPG is also directly related to crude oil - petrol price [anger]

so, i don't think it will be available at same price in future.
and latest news - CNG is now more costlier in gujarat. 2/- increment from today, so CNG will be @ 51.95/- in gujarat [confused]
and its @ 33/- in mumbai [confused]

I'm not an autogas expert but looking at those pics, I doubt the safety of that system. It looks vulnerable and the passengers sit so close to the tank. I don't know how the RTO is going to approve that.

Safety is more important than savings. Consider that before you go any further with this plan. Afterall it's a Nano. You must be getting more than 20km/l.

Thread Starter #14
I'm not an autogas expert but looking at those pics, I doubt the safety of that system. It looks vulnerable and the passengers sit so close to the tank. I don't know how the RTO is going to approve that.

Safety is more important than savings. Consider that before you go any further with this plan. Afterall it's a Nano. You must be getting more than 20km/l.
yeah, its giving me 27 km/l already, i am also not very aggressive about LPG. i had just posted it so other members can have idea if they have any planning for it.

I completely second that. IMO, even if petrol costs, 100 bucks a litre, I would think twice before switching to CNG/LPG.

Apart from safety, I m not sure about what kind of power/torque we would get in a CNG/LPG Nano [confused].

Top Bottom