Now the diagram surely looks complex
but the working is pretty simple & clean. Just depends on how well you understand.
* The flywheel A is bolted to engine directly.
* The plate C is fixed to a boss H which is free to slide axially(left-right) along the driven shaft D to which it is splined.It therefore rotates with shaft D.
* Two rings G of special friction material are riveted or bonded to A and E or alternatively to plate C.
* The presser plate E is bushed internally so that it revolves freely on the driven shaft D. It is integral with the withdrawl sleeve F.
* A number of springs are arranged around the clutch ( Shown as S) so as to press the two friction surfaces together.
The Clutch operates by moving the withdrawl sleeve F to the right. This compresses the Springs S are removes the pressure between the friction surfaces. Hence it is possible to start of stop the driven shaft at will.