Ignition Coil for Honda City ZX

Thread Starter #1
Since last few months my City zx was giving me Problem. Although it was not a major one atleast i thought so.
The car was sometimes giving me sudden jerks when i change the gears for e.g. from 1st to 2nd, and tht too when my speed was around 20kmpl.
Two weeks back i noticed that sometimes ( hardly 1 to 2 time a day in my 60kms driving) as soon as i changed the gear to neutral the engine stops, and i had to start the engine again.

Now when my car went for 61000km service, SA checked the car and told me its missing (.i.e. yeh toh mis kar rahi hai) and they told me, the spark plug and the IGNITION COIL has to be changed. When i asked them about the expenses, SA told me that 1100 for Spark Plugs and 9500 for ignition Coil [frustration].

With a heavy heart i told them yes to change them, but i was wondering that whether its appropriate to change them , as i did not find any major problem driving the car.

At 4 in the evening the SA called me and told me that Ignition Coil is not available, and if i want they have an old ignition coil which they can give me at 5000 but it would not be on bill.

So, i straightaway declined and received my car after a regular servicing. Now my question is that whats the role of Ignition Coil in the car ? And is it really this expensive?

buddy ignition coil is important thing!

from wiki-
An ignition coil (also called a spark coil) is an induction coil in an automobile's ignition system which transforms the battery's low voltage to the thousands of volts needed to create an electric spark in the spark plugs to ignite the fuel. Some coils have an internal resistor while others rely on a resistor wire or an external resistor to limit the current flowing into the coil from the car's 12 volt supply. The wire which goes from the ignition coil to the distributor and the wires which go from the distributor to each of the spark plugs are called spark plug wires or high tension leads.

Originally, every ignition coil system required mechanical contact breaker points, and a capacitor (condensor). More recent electronic ignition systems use a power transistor to provide pulses to the ignition coil. A modern passenger automobile may use one ignition coil for each engine cylinder (or pair of cylinders), eliminating a distributor to route the high voltage pulses.
Ignition coil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom