Originally Posted by Akramkhan786
Sir my 800's pick up's very bad.. It doesn't pick speed quickly :'( even in 1st n 2nd gear too.. I m using LPG gas but my some frnds 94,95 model's pick speed quickly.. But my 97 model doesn't.. What would be the problem? And how it would be resolve?
LPG cannot provide the same power as petrol would do. LPG kits need to be adjusted by an experienced installer/technician. It's a tricky business.
To verify if it's really the kit or the engine that's the cause, try to run the car in petrol for a while. See how the car behaves.
In general, there can be various reasons for low pick-up:
1. Worn out clutch (engine revs, but there won't be a proportional increase in speed)
2. Clogged air filter (you would find it hard to rev the engine)
3. Wrongly adjusted carburetor jet (affects the idling as well)
4. Badly tuned LPG kit (difficult to rev beyond a point, erratic idling)
5. Ageing engine - heads, gaskets, pistons etc would need attention. A compression test is in order, if your car has clocked upwards of 70k km.
I had been using an LPG kit for a long time and got rid of it last year, after I ended up with a costly engine rebuild.
Originally Posted by Varun560061
Check the compression ratio, how many kms has your car run.
Try cleaning the carburetor, it might solve the issue. Have you changed the air filter ?
Do you feel the low pickup even while driving in petrol ?
Varun, it's called Compression Test.