This is my first post in TAI
. I hope this is the correct thread to post my queries.
I have a Maruti 800 1990 carb model.
History of the car:
Its our family car which we own since 1996. My dad or brother used to drive this car. Post my dad's retirement, my brother continued to use the car till he bought a new one. Since I have a lot of sentiments attached with the car I refused to sell it and decided to restore it step by step.
Restoration done till now:
1) Half engine overhauled for Rs30000 (includes other small parts and labour charges as well)
2) Alloy wheels fitted (was lucky regarding this as the mechanic had a scrap Maruti 800 which had alloy wheels(set of 4). I immediately purchased it for Rs 3000)
3) HU: Local one which has USB, AUX and Radio for Rs 1500. Already had box speakers in the car, so didn't purchase anything extra
I am facing a couple of problems with the car.
1) I am facing a strange problem with the horn. I recently got the steering changed to a sports one. Now while driving the car, it honks automatically 2-3 times in a day.
2) Whenever my car hits a pothole, the engine tends to turn off during idle after that. This problem gets solved only after cleaning the jet (that is what my mechanic calls). I am sure there is nothing wrong with the petrol as I usually fill the petrol from a company owned HP petrol pump. What is wrong with the car?