Maruti Swift: Technical Info and Suggestions Required

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My brother is getting the delivery of his new Swift Vdi[clap] coming week and is looking for some technical information, for which dealers could not provide satisfactory information, that's when i decided to consult all the technical gurus in all this forum... Please do share with me, your valuable inputs... :D

Here at the list of questions I have in mind-:help:

1. Planning to upgrade the stock tyres and rim, to Mag wheel and better tyres.
So the idea is to upgrade to Swift Zdi's mag wheel (as i'd not have to worry about getting one magwheel in case required + Maruti assurance)
but the problem is Swift Vdi has 14" rims and Zdi has 15" magwheel so will i have problems with the mileage, speedo error and Odo error?

Dealer says that wheel alignment will solve the problem... :o

2.Planning to upgrade the tyres to Bridgestone Turanza.
Many people told me that bridgestone turanza is the best tyres for indian roads and so i'm planning to go for it. But not sure as to which model of Turanza. (i'd love to take a slightly thicker tyres but without any side effects on milage, odo, speedo meter and suspensions of the car

3.The dealer has quoted 25Grands for all 5 Mag wheels, is it worth the money?
Will i be able to purchase single mag wheel of same type if required in future?

4.Now that in the budget, car prices have increased, will it effect us?
Full payment for the car has been made on 14th March itself. Only the registration is pending.

5.I was planning to buy the same music system which is in ZDi. But costs 20Grands without any functions like hands free or Bluetooth.
Is there any other audio system which is like OEM music system(fills the entire space in the dashboard) with all these features?

6.This is the very first diesel vehicle with anyone in my near family and friends.
All of us used to believe in using petrol vehicles dues to less usage and long non-usage time(of the car). so is there any special precautions to be taken with this car? How long can we keep it without using?

Please provide your valuable technical comments....:please:
Thanks in advance... :)

Dexter

Re: Swift - Technical Info and Suggestions Required :)

So the idea is to upgrade to Swift Zdi's mag wheel (as i'd not have to worry about getting one magwheel in case required + Maruti assurance)
but the problem is Swift Vdi has 14" rims and Zdi has 15" magwheel so will i have problems with the mileage, speedo error and Odo error?
You will loose suspension warranty.
15" magwheel will cost you around 19k (min) for 4
Also exchange you stock tyres and get Bridgestone/Michellin xm1/Yokahoma

Yes, but check for speedo meter reading, it requires adjustment if you shift from 14" to 15 ". Also stick to tire size that ZDi has 185/65 R15

They are good, also check Michelin XM1
Well get 4 of them and save some money.
If you get it of a good brand and conman design then you can get 1 later.

Full payment for the car has been made on 14th March itself. Only the registration is pending.
Yes it will, mostly.

5.I was planning to buy the same music system which is in ZDi. But costs 20Grands without any functions like hands free or Bluetooth.
Is there any other audio system which is like OEM music system(fills the entire space in the dashboard) with all these features?
check some good 2 din after market units.
Check more here - In-Car Entertainment

6.This is the very first diesel vehicle with anyone in my near family and friends.
All of us used to believe in using petrol vehicles dues to less usage and long non-usage time(of the car). so is there any special precautions to be taken with this car? How long can we keep it without using?
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...tions-take-while-leaving-car-parked-long.html

Alloys are always a welcome , and oe alloys for 25000 is good deal.
You will always be able to get single alloy if at all damaged , from maruti. Alloys dont damage/bend as steel wheels in regular usage.

15 inches from hr /evo / lenso are available from 18000 onwards for a set of 4 depending upon design and finish.

Yeah bridgestone are good/proven tyres , Micheline has a edge over them at almost same price . No idea of yoko? they are too good ones!

14 to 15 inch will not have that much odo error , since vdi and zdi share same console and negligible.

a 205/55/ r 15 will make a swift killer look

If you have invoiced , you will get in old rate.

Petrol or diesel , any car will be in good health if used regularly . Though petrol can be idle for some days , regular usage is good for any cars , be it any fuel!

a 205/55/ r 15 will make a swift killer look
Yes, but this might touch to car body if they are wider, please check this by sitting 3 heavy people at back seat and ride over speed breaker.

Yes, but this might touch to car body if they are wider, please check this by sitting 3 heavy people at back seat and ride over speed breaker.
Nope , almost all modded swift use this tyre.

I have not heard of 3 heavy people and tyre scrapping , but i dont know the exact thing as i havent checked my self yet.

so far none have complained !!

You can opt for the OEM alloys or other 15" good design alloys from aftermarket shops. I personally dont like the zdi alloys. So, if you like those alloys, its worth the buy. For tyre upgrade, better stick to 185/R15 which come as standard in zdi/zxi. So far havent heard any issues with low grip on those 185 section tyres. Go for Bridgestone/Michelin. Regarding the stereo, heard the standard music system is of good quality. However if you need better quality systems, opt for other 2-din units. There are many options under 20K. The current diesel cars are very much advanced unlike the old days. So, petrol and diesel are almost the same.

Thread Starter #7

Thank you so much Surfer, Ilango and Akhil... [clap]

Surfer, the dealer is himself fitting all the spares and that too from higher end of the same variant. Will i still loose on the suspension warranty?

I Inquired for Bridgestone Turanza and it costs Rs. 5000(pre-budget rate) and the buy-back of my good year(165/80 R14 ) tyres is at Rs.2000-2500

The Car dealer was also saying that if i do not want to invest on tyres right now, he will install the Zdi Mag wheel (Designed for 185/65 R15) on my current tyres which is 165/80 R14 [surprise] is that a wise thing to do?

The Car dealer was also saying that if i do not want to invest on tyres right now, he will install the Zdi Mag wheel (Designed for 185/65 R15) on my current tyres which is 165/80 R14 [surprise] is that a wise thing to do?
If you get 2500 for those MRFs, i would say you upgrade it right now. Dunno about warranty and stuff. Do check or ask about warranty if the dealer and if it doesnt get void, go ahead with the upgrade. I dont think a R15 alloy will suit with a R14 tyre. So, choosing those alloys without tyre upgrade isnt possible.

Thread Starter #9

Akhil, the stock tyres are GoodYear, not MRF.. Do you still recommend change?

Well, I'm not recommending to change. But, if you are adamant to see your new car with those R15 alloys of zdi, don't hesitate. But, as i have told you, please inquire regarding warranty issues before going for a Tyre upgrade. Or wait till these tires worn out at 30-35K.

Hello Everyone,

My brother is getting the delivery of his new Swift Vdi[clap] coming week and is looking for some technical information, for which dealers could not provide satisfactory information, that's when i decided to consult all the technical gurus in all this forum... Please do share with me, your valuable inputs... :D

Here at the list of questions I have in mind-:help:

Many people told me that bridgestone turanza is the best tyres for indian roads and so i'm planning to go for it. But not sure as to which model of Turanza. (i'd love to take a slightly thicker tyres but without any side effects on milage, odo, speedo meter and suspensions of the car

Please provide your valuable technical comments....:please:
Thanks in advance... :)

Dexter

Can anyone help me I want to replace my old swift vdi rim and tyres from 165 80 r 14 to 185 65 r15 is it ok for old swift vdi 2010

Top Bottom