Mahindra XUV5OO Alarm Automatically Turned On

Thread Starter #1
hi friend's my friend has bought a xuv5oo recently 4x4 purple colour yestarday night his car was parked in front of his house in the partico some time in night the siren of the car went off without any reason nobody could have come in as he let's his dog out at night which is very fierce now we are all at mystery as to why this happened 350z and other experts kindly throw some light on this

Re: xuv 5oo strange behaviour

Well,that's really not such a big issue buddy.
This happened to my Corolla too.Just take the car to the service center and get it inspected.They will either replace the hooter or will check its wires.

This is not an issue buddy. XUV5OO is equipped with a motion/impact sensor which gets activated when someone bangs the car.

Most probably the dog was getting familiar with the car which activated the siren. In most probability, your friend can take the car to the A.S.S & get the impact sensor de-activated.

It could be because of faulty wiring or some one trying something mischievous with the car! Get it checked.

I had security alarm on my old Swift so sensitive that if some one burst a firecracker near to it, it used to start buzzing off. I am not sure how it works in new XUV.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Mahindra XUV 5OO Strange Behaviour

This could happen if the car has too sensitive shock sensor or perhaps a faulty alarm but only if your friend is confirmed that no one else was around fiddling with the car (including pet). Consider it as a one off case but if it happens too frequently for even minor reasons, please have it checked at Mahindra’s authorized workshop.

I had security alarm on my old Swift so sensitive that if some one burst a firecracker near to it, it used to start buzzing off. I am not sure how it works in new XUV.
That’s a common issue with cars equipped with anti-theft alarm. It always happens in our area whenever Diwali is around. :wink:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Re: Mahindra XUV 5OO Strange Behaviour

This could happen if the car has too sensitive shock sensor or perhaps a faulty alarm but only if your friend is confirmed that no one else was around fiddling with the car (including pet). Consider it as a one off case but if it happens too frequently for even minor reasons, please have it checked at Mahindra’s authorized workshop.

That’s a common issue with cars equipped with anti-theft alarm. It always happens in our area whenever Diwali is around. :wink:

Drive Safe,
350Z
thank's 350z and other's friend's for the information i will pass on the same to my friend

Tell your friend to get the bonnet open sensor checked. there was an issue with it in the initial batches. It can also be the dog.

Top Bottom