Swift Rear Suspension Cost !

Thread Starter #1
Looks like my swift's rear suspension has gone, how much it may cost to get it replaced or repaired ? I hope that there's no problem with the front suspension too.

Also any advice/suggestions !
I am planning to have it first checked at A.S.S and then replace it at some garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
The garage where I get my Swift repair quoted me 7k including Labour for rear suspension. My Swift Vxi is almost 5 and half years old and completed 54k.

why do you want to change suspension buddy? well show it to maruti workshop before concluding yourself!

why do you want to change suspension buddy? well show it to maruti workshop before concluding yourself!
Exactly how old is your car ??? If your car is still in warranty then show your car to the MASS and ask for replacement in warranty. MASS asked me to change my suspension at 45k but when I showed it to my local garage where we get our car repaired they said its still good for next 10k.

Infact I was planning to sell of my Swift but now going to keep it for next one year at least. So changed my rear suspension which was in real bad condition cause of pot holes and some bad driving from my side. Lately my driver noticed because of the poor suspension and shocker the rear tire was getting worn out so had to replace them.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
The garage guy quoted me Rs 1300 for one jumper. I took the car to A.S.S and, the tech guy said me that he doesnt see any problem in rear suspension, but I dont know why, to me it seems that the car doesnt go well on bumpy roads.

Also, there's noise in doors and windows - what is the right place to take my car so that i can have the noise fixed (Body shop?)

Even my Swift rattle. Most of the noise come from front dashboard, power windows, rear door and passenger seat belt. Everytime I give my car for service I tell MASS people about the sound they note down do their usual thing but sound return in a week.

Initially most of the time I use to play loud music while driving but from last 3 months I don't have a music system in my car. Some idiot stole my Alpine front panel. Now with no music these sounds are damn irritating. One more thing just after 1 yr. after I bought the car there is some sound from the left rear tire which MASS people could never solve. Have changed from tire to suspension but of no use.

Thread Starter #8
Even my Swift rattle. Most of the noise come from front dashboard, power windows, rear door and passenger seat belt. Everytime I give my car for service I tell MASS people about the sound they note down do their usual thing but sound return in a week.

Initially most of the time I use to play loud music while driving but from last 3 months I don't have a music system in my car. Some idiot stole my Alpine front panel. Now with no music these sounds are damn irritating. One more thing just after 1 yr. after I bought the car there is some sound from the left rear tire which MASS people could never solve. Have changed from tire to suspension but of no use.
I too have noise from windows and doors and rear bumper, may be body shops can help us !

If the SA from A.S.S. says you don't need to, then don't change it. Swift's ride is quite stiff and rattles are common as a result of that. Check the tyre pressure and use nitrogen if available in your area.

Thread Starter #10
Though MASS guy say jumpers are fine, I don't know why, but I am not happy with the suspension of my swift, I always feel that there's some issue, its not just rattles, a some what bad road makes the drive worse, specially the left side of the car get's the worse jerks. the suspension and the comfort just does not feel like a 5 lakh car should have. Though I dont have much experience of cars, I feel that there's some thing wrong with the suspension.

The MASS guy said, you can give the car for service, and at that time we will open the spares then we could have better idea. I dint want to give car for service, because it was serviced before two months (Auto tarrace had got it serviced when I bought it).

I am not sure if I should have the suspension/spares opened and inspected at some other mechanic shop.

Thread Starter #11
I am really confused with what to do and how to have the suspension issue fixed, may any one give me suggestions about what should I do.

I am absolutely noob and have no prior experience of owning car,

I would like to understand what are the parts involved in suspension, What types of issues suspension may develop over time, What parts are most likely to be replaced/repaired if I feel the suspension has the issues, Is the original maruti parts available aftermarket.

Its a Maruti swift vxi, and has run 45K kilometers.

Last edited:
If you really feel like there is a problem, then get it thoroughly checked at MASS. Even if it costs more, I wouldn't compromise on suspension.

When we had Esteem Di about 4-5 years back, it was available. Not sure about it now.

How old is your car?

Thread Starter #13
It's a 2006 model,

If you really feel like there is a problem, then get it thoroughly checked at MASS. Even if it costs more, I wouldn't compromise on suspension.

When we had Esteem Di about 4-5 years back, it was available. Not sure about it now.

How old is your car?
1. The Maruti tech guy says, there's no problem with the suspension, but personally I don't agree, as I dont feel comfort inside cabin
2. Every thing seems to be fine on smooth road, but as soon as I drive it on uneven roads or bumps, it really starts to feel like riding a bear's back instead of a car.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think before you get anything done to your car, you should have it checked out by the Maruti Service Station closest to you as they will be able to tell you exactly whats wrong and give you a reasonable quote. you cant always trust mechanics they normally just say things need to be replaced just to earn a few extra bucks.

since your facing such major problems you should get your car checked out at a maruti service station before taking any decisions. considering their wide network of service stations it shouldn't be difficult to find one close to you.

Top Bottom