Tata Nano Ride Quality

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

Today made a short trip in and around chennai. Around 130 KMS two-way.

Place 1. Famous Bodykot Munesswarar Temple (Near Central Railway station) 2. Lakshmi Kuberar Temple (Near Vandalur)

The journey involves hectic CITY Traffic Road and Juicy HIGHWAY Road.

1. There is no heat observed in Rear seat.
2. Riding Quality is fine and more than VFM.
3. NANO is popular baby. Kids/peoples calls. Hey, NANO, NANO[thumbsup] when crossing/overtaking them.
4. Need Above 50+ for 4th gear and 25+ for 3rd gear.
5. The exhaust is silent at slow acceleration with proper gear, any deviation will be noisy.[evil]
6. A/C used very minimal.
7. The cabin room is too too quiet on new NANO and its confuse us whether the Engine is on or off. there is no noise at all. [clap]

Earlier we visited Tiruvannamalai from chennai and i will share that experience soon.. (There is no heat observed with Rear seat at all in entire journey).

Friends please share your riding experience with this engineering marvelous and pour ideas to improve it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: !!nano riding quality!!!

Hey how about pouring all the story of your buying process? This will make the thread to come in flying colors and people who have the same preferences as yours may get some idea!

And we are waiting for the pics! Interiors as well as exteriors.

Thread Starter #4
Yesterday Visited to Chennai to Vellore - Kanchipuram-- Chennai. (300 KMS)

People never believe that it crosses more than 100 with 5+3 Kids... But My Peppy NANO does it.... The Pickup also fine and there is no issue when switched on A/C..

Yesterday Visited to Chennai to Vellore - Kanchipuram-- Chennai. (300 KMS)

People never believe that it crosses more than 100 with 5+3 Kids... But My Peppy NANO does it.... The Pickup also fine and there is no issue when switched on A/C..
That's great Sami,even am surprised that it crossed 100+ with so many people so its now time to post some pictures that is missing in this thread.

last month I drove a Nano (of my mother-in-law's). For journey with 5 adult_1 child the car moves on 60 KM /hr smoothly. The ride quality I quite good. I am stunned!

But the string and gear box to too bod. Seems I am driving a Lorry!

But for 2.1 L it is really worth to have.

Mileage : 18-20 KM overall.

Thread Starter #9
hi All,

The body roll was almost gone in MY NANO after i had upgraded the cushion level.

I had made a test drive with cushions with my nano and the body roll was almost gone...

Cushion details

Cushion level - 2 inch for bottom and 1 inch for backsupport...Density - 40..

Definitely you can feel significant improve while sit backside and front side...

Seems the headroom height was reduced after applied 2 inch cushion in my sheet and the effect is present due to this.

Thread Starter #10
Hi All,

This week i have a plan for LONG trip, really long trip (2500 KMS) with my NANO.

Any one have ideas about good roadways between Chennai - Madurai - Kerala (Sabarimala, Chottanikara, Guruvayoor, Madurai - Chennai) please share.

Hi All,

This week i have a plan for LONG trip, really long trip (2500 KMS) with my NANO.

Any one have ideas about good roadways between Chennai - Madurai - Kerala (Sabarimala, Chottanikara, Guruvayoor, Madurai - Chennai) please share.
You should post this in a new thread in Voyage junction,request the mods they will create a new thread there or
create a new one here:
The Voyage Junction

One word of advice buddy, better not try three digit speeds with a light car like Nano.It is basically a city car meant for light highway use, and even there drive it around 60-70kmph and keep your car and family safe.Let common sense prevail.Cheers[cheers]
I had no problem weaving through traffic with three digit speeds when test driving it in Mumbai. The dealer representative didn't like it much, but I could see no problem. It handled and stopped. Only needs more power.

I had no problem weaving through traffic with three digit speeds when test driving it in Mumbai. The dealer representative didn't like it much, but I could see no problem. It handled and stopped. Only needs more power.
LOL..,I had driven Nano upto 105 kmph top whack and also smoked almost every other car on highway when i took td of nano 2 years ago, but that's not the point.The point is that with the kind of brakes nano has combined with its light weight and also low displacement and lack of safety features, its better to drive it around 70 kmph max on our typical Indian highways.Hope you got my point buddy.

Top Bottom