Honda City Type 2 Front Suspension Overhaul

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am new here and this is my first post.

My Old Honda City has a stiff front suspension and it is time to overhaul the same. My questions are

1. Does anyone know where I can get a Service Manual ?
2. Any recommendations of spare parts dealers in Mumbai, getting the spares from Honda Service Centre is not possible unless I give them the car to overhaul. I intend to do the overhaul myself if I get the time.

Biddu

Thread Starter #3
Re: Honda City Type 2, Front Suspension Overhaul

Thanks Dodge for the welcome. Honda spares ppl (at least in Mumbai) are super snooty and have told me that they do not sell the spares over the counter. In fact I had to get my car to the Service station to fit the Right side rear view mirror lens when it can be done (fitted) by a layman in about a minute and a half. (They noted my chassis number+Car Registration number etc. before fitting the mirror lens).

Original Honda spares are available over the counter in foreign countries but here it is not the policy of Honda ppl.

Anyway, I am going to ask the snooty chaps if the Service manual is available for sale although I do not have very high hopes.

B

P.S. C'mon guys, give me some names of Honda Spare dealer / s in Mumbai.

350Z

Core Team

Welcome to The Automotive India, Biddu. I think in Delhi, at least minor spare parts of Honda can be sourced from authorized workshops. Can you check with some modifiers in Mumbai who can do it for you? And talk to the workshop manager about the service manual.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Overhauling suspension is big no from me!

replace both the shocks.

And honda city type 2 suspensions are available in spare shops.

Thread Starter #6

Thanks 350 and Ilango for the support.

B

Re: Hyundai Hikes prices across all the models.

***********************NEED HELP*************************

I just changed the Front suspension of Honda City GXI-2005
Changed lower Arm, Changed bushing set, but still i can hear the CLUNK Clunk sound
when my ride hits the speed breakers or pot holls. Sound is similar to spring hitting the suspension. Doubt the mount of left side front shock absorber.
Shock absorbers are TWD make. This sound is making me going crazy :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom