Carburetor Problems in My Kinetic Honda

Thread Starter #1
I believe all these issues trace back to the carburetor:

Issue #1: Starting trouble once my Kinetic Honda sits for a couple of hours
Issue #2: Sticky throttle....The throttle gets stuck (not the accelerator handle) and I have to brake the rear wheel to bring the throttle back

In an unrelated issue, my battery keeps dying out often....I have changed it a couple of time but in vain. I have traced the problem to overcharging. I get approx 20V DC on the battery when in full throttle (which must be not more than 14.5 VDC according to other internet sources). I changed the voltage regulator thinking that was the problem .... but no luck!

Any and all help is welcome.

P.S. Here are a few things I tried out
- Cleaned my carburetor and lubricated the throttle barrel
- Found out that my auto-choke or enricher is probably faulty...which could explain the starting trouble..am looking into how to fix that. Also, on opening up the Kinetic and covering the air-intake with my palm while kick starting, the scooter starts up with a few kicks. But otherwise, I have to go on and on.
- I have a hunch that my idle screw and the air intake screw (i think) are off set or something. How do I check that?

Thread Starter #3
I lost all hopes on mechanics since no one told me about my busted up choke or overcharging battery.....even at the authorized service centre.....[frustration]...dats why I decided to look into it myself

Top Bottom