Hyundai Verna Fluidic Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
As an owner of a Fluidic Verna i know what this car means to you. You love it fully and if you hate something in it then Hey! dont worry theres always fixes to everything. Heres a place to discuss all that from keeping that hot beauty shinning to keeping it in shape or just adding in a few things to highlight your creative mind.
Alot has been said in most reviews with regard to the car handling like a boat or that dead feeling steering.
Lets get on with the steering first, Yeah its light and like butter it reminds me of the hyundai santro ad staring Shahrukh Khan. As always machinery never adapts to humans we guys have to adapt to it. It takes a while your first few rides on the highway may seem to lack confidence but then it all irons out in a few drives.

The suspension is known to make thud noises whenever she goes in potholes dont panic all that's needed is a 1 hour trip to the service centre where they will tighten the front lower control arm bolts The procedure that follows is they will remove the bolts, coat them in grease and tighten them to a newer torque specified. If you are taking delivery please ask your sales person to have this done. A better solution is almost on its way if what i have heard is right they are supposes to change our coil over springs.

The nasty stock headlights, they are plain under powered if you want to be safe from any warranty issues get a direct stock replacement bulb 55/60w there are a few proven good brands that can do wonders. Or else go the hid way but remember cutting wires is a strict no no and if the service center can do it all the more better.

The stock horn is way to under powered these can be replaced after market, alot of them available to suit your choice. Ensure relays if any needed are of good quality.

A clean engine bay is a beautiful sight and wiping it with a damp cloth isnt a time consuming activity anyways you can even use that dashboard polish you have for a jet black shine.

issue with usb pen drives max supported capacity is 16gb some pen drives irrespective of capacity will start from the first song every time you restart the car while some will continue from the last point.
Blue-tooth can accept your calls decline it as well as redial the last number. incoming calls will have caller name and number listed as well if you place a call from your mobile but if you redial from steering controls you will not see the details you can stream audio but cannot skip revind and fast forward with steering controls and neither with controls on the head unit.

service schedules first is between 1200-1500 kms and then every 10000 kms for both petrol and diesel its a shame that hyundai has not given us an oil change at first service and neither at 5000kms which is essential with new engines but then as technology improves we have extended service intervals, but please check fluid levels every week at the most and keep a constant check on engine oils. the max allowable oil consumption is 1litre/1500 kms under normal driving and 1litre /1000kms under severe driving conditions. engine oil for petrol guys is 3.3 litre capacity 15w40 api-sl minimum spi-sm recommended. If you guys would love to pamper your engine then synthetic oils are there 5w40 grade and if you want a bit better economy use 5w30/5w20 these is an energy conserving grade for which make sure it meets api-sn check with your service centre if they can provide this for you or if you can get your own oils they cost between rs700-1200 per litre

more to come.
will try my best to post a few DIYs on filter cleaning etc

Mods: im really not sure if this is the right thread to post this, if not then please do the needful

other owners please team up and make this thread a success

Last edited:
Re: Life with the all new Hyundai Verna

@nick
nice thread. will be helpful for those who are planning to buy car. all problems summarized with available solutions.

@Nickandre:
Is your Verna a petrol one?
If yes,then its quite a good car.
Well,although I never owned a Verna but once have driven a petrol Verna for more than 100 kms.Leave the rear seats and the high speed steering manners,rest the whole car is really great to drive.
Have you ever revved your engine to 6000-6500 rpm?I did,and what I found there is that the City still rules the top end but the mid range of Verna seems to be better.

Leave everything and tell me how much you have covered?What is the FE? and any expenses you did on maintenance?

REst the experience with the diesel Verna is more,it is more than 2000 kms,in fact I have driven a diesel Verna continuously(I mean with some breaks) for about 1500 kms on a single trip,the trip included city,highway and hills too.(NO OFFENSE TO ANY VERNA OWNERS HERE,SO PLEASE DON'T MIND.BUT JUST VERIFY IF MY FEELINGS ARE CORRECT OR NOT) and what I felt on the trip was:-
1)The engine is very refined and revvs quite well too.
2)The NVH levels are quite good and the cabin is really silent,especially at low/city speeds.
3)You can never by that comfy on the rear seat as on a City or Vento.
4)The steering is fantastic in city but feels disconnected when the speed builds up,I made a mistake of accelerating the car to 110 kph on a hilly road(Since it accelerates in a fantastic manner)but when I made a very slight turn,the car changed the direction more than expected..THIS REALLY SCARED ME.
5)The plastic quality on the upper dash is really great,lower das is where I never pay attention.
6)The FE of the car is fantastic,but if you drive quite enthusiastically then you will get something about 15 kpl on highway(because then 5th and 6th gears are seldom used,in fact 6th is really never used).

Thread Starter #5

yeah vipul mines a petrol i have been redlining it whenever i see an empty road, the engine pulls like a beast right from 3500 rpms all the way till redline at 6700 rpms it still does but at 7000 rpms the ecu cuts the fuel supply, i have never sat inside the previous vernas so cannot comment much.

I do not travel on the rear seats but who ever did praised it i have sat just once during a trial ride after my 1st free service and i felt relaxed and comfortable my legs were free. The steering i found horrible when i first drove it on the highway it kept over steering but i got used to it fast and its wonderful that whenever i drive my aveo my triceps start aching.
my fe is majorly dependent on the quality of fuel if i fill in from any random pump i get fe of 9 max and if i use high octane or fill from a coco pump i get 12-14kmpl
maintainance wise so far just money spent on fuel.
you can always find more on my ownership thread

Last edited:

buddy , this a great thread indeed to all verna users . i drove 450 kms in verna in 2 days and experience was awesome ,90% city driving , and also i didn't cross 90km/h mark as the engine is new and also i think speed more then 110 km/h on Indian road are scary . more or less i love every bit of driving and its indeed great car to own , currently i am not having any under body touching issue and hope it will continue .

Thread Starter #7

sunglasses holder squeaking simple fix place sunglasses with the cover or slide in some thing to keep it thight.

inner rear view mirror obstructing vision on the left no fix just bend down to have a look.

petrol variant giving nasty mileage use fuels from reputed pumps use a light foot shift gears between 1500-1800 rpms coast in gears whenever possible or try the enrgy conserving oils i mentioned earlier.

hard to press horn on steering with airbags press in the area where airbag is written

sx(O) owners always keep doors locked while in the car as the trunk can still be opened by touching the button above registration plate. Always lock the car from the lock button above the power window functions if speed sensing lock hasnt engaged.
If you forget to lock the car after leaving the car will lock itself after a minute.
sx(O) guys if you press door lock button on the handles and hear a loud tone then check if all doors are closed if yes then check if key is in the car

Fuel status if the fuel warning lamp lights up it means you are nearing empty but have 3-4 litres left if that single bar blinks it means you have 1/less than two litres left and should refuel asap.

front passenger seat occupant should always fasten his/her seat belt as there is no sensor and if by any chance an airbag inflates and the occupant has not fastened seat belts then injuries are a chance. seat belts are life savers encourage all occupants to wear them.

fill in a windshield washer concentrate a bottle from armorall which lasts 4-5uses costs rs195. Much better then using shampoo and provides a streak free cleaning(any good brand)

Wheel wells have rubber pads which makes it easier to clean of use a water pipe fro this.
shiny and clean alloys look great but then how do you clean inside the spokes? you get brushes in the market use a decent alloy cleaner or a dash of dish wash liquid in water and voila its clean.

Use a good shampoo fro washing your car once or twice a week use one which has clean and shine (carnuba wax in it)

Whenever you turn of your ac or car the ac opens up the fresh air intake and keeps it that way till you start her up again this is good indeed but at times dust can makes it way through if you prefer air fresheners use a gel based one and not the liquid ones you fix on the air went as if any liquid spills on the dashboard it leaves permanent marks

hey that's nice solutions.

btw i did few things to decrease squeaking sounds.
i never use sunglasses as i am blind without my spects
so i have stuck thin sponge inside the corner of sunglass holder. as my sub is huge , there is lot of vibration and i needed solid solution. coudnt play the song as it's late night and above my parking area in the flat one little baby is there. dont wanted to disturb.

even behind the rear number plates i have stuffed few thin sponge strips as when heard from outside it vibrates crazily too.
i hope both solution works well.
tried putting sponge at few other areas in the boot too but not sure it is needed or not.
will check them all tomorrow.

Thread Starter #9

use double sided tapes for the registration plates
ok guys in Usa and canada hyundai has a ecm/ecu update for the petrol variants it covers mostly the engine fueling habits (running to rich while idle causing drop in km/l and at times oil dilution and vacuum leak) i am not sure if that applies for the indian petrol as we use the old school mpfi engine while those lucky guys get the gasoline direct injection with higher bhp and torque, another recall has been for the battery terminal cables which corrodes early(the same i have heard in a service center my friend visited) i have been reading the international owners manual and i found a point which states, Usage of hids may interfere with the cars electronics and hence it is recommended not to use them.

Nick----- "sx(O) owners always keep doors locked while in the car as the trunk can still be opened by touching the button above registration plate."
I own a Sxo-- There is no button to open the trunk from outside. The button you are mentioning is the rear parking assistance camera. You can open the trunk mechanically via a lever below the driver seat or by the trunk open button in the remote.

Thread Starter #15

If you have FATC (fully automatic Temperature Control) equipped in your fluidic verna , you can run a self-diagnostic to make sure the components related to it working properly.

To get into the self diagnosis mode

1. Put the key into the ignition hole
2. Turn the key into ON position so the dashboard lights illuminates (No starting of engine)
3. Press and hold the OFF button, then press the MODE button more than 4 times within 2seconds
4. The you can see the Display unit of a/c illuminates and display codes starts blinking.
5. Now the diagnosis starts
6. press the A/C button to proceed to next step
7. after completion it will come into the original condition
8. Incase if you want to quit anytime press OFF button

Here are the other codes which will display if any of the component related to F.A.T.C malfunctions.

00 = Normal
11 = In-car temparature sensor open
12 = In-car temparature sensor short
13 = Ambient temparature sensor open
14 = Ambient temparature sensor short
17 = Evaporator temparature sensor open
18 = Evaporator temparature sensor short
19 = Temparature control actuator feed back open
20 = Temparature control actuatore failure
21 = Mode Control actuator open
21 = Mode control actuator short
22 = Mode control actuator failure
25 = Intake potentiometer open
25 = Intake potentiometer short
26 = Intake potentiometer failure

credit goes to wildon from his i20 tips and tricks thread i have tried it and it works.

Top Bottom