Originally Posted by Angshuman
I had bought a Mahindra Scorpio MHawk SLE Model in August 2010. It is a self driven vehicle and it has covered around 39,000 kms which includes city driving ( 30%) and rest on semi urban/rural roads. I am very particular on getting the vehicle serviced on schedule and always from an authorized Mahindra Service Station ( Koncept Automobiles, Okhla , New Delhi ).( Despite the fact the bills turn out to be quite a figure always
Firstly I would like to inform I am not much of a tech savvy person so please don't mind if what I ask is stupid !!!!
Dont worry friend. Your issues are not that big.
1. For the last one month or so the central locking system alarm goes off berserk for no reason.Its not that any doors are open/any internal lights are on/ any external hindrances like dogs/low flying aircrafts etc etc etc.One thing I have noticed is that the alarm surely goes off after some time when initially I lock the vehicle it makes DOUBLE BEEP instead of the usual single beep. But lots of times even when the normal locking beep happens the alarm goes off after some time. I am little hassled cuz of this as sometimes it goes off in middle of the night too and I get frustrated and angry glares in the morning from my neighbors.The central locking system manufacturer is NIPPON ( Mahindra company fitted ). Please could someone advice me what to do ???
1) Maybe the impact sensor is turned on & sensitivity is set too high. Get it turned off.
2) While locking the car, check that all the doors are properly closed.
3) It can also be the case of a loose connection wherein the sensor on the door thinks someone has opened the door after you have locked the car.
4) If the car gives a double beep when you lock it, cross check by pulling the door handle that it was indeed locked.
Rest assured, I think its a small issue. Also, most probably the A.S.S. will not do this for you & will guide you to the nearest Nippon service centre or give you their contact number.
2. The driver and front passenger power windows suddenly stop working once in a while. Earlier it used to happen sometimes but now it takes place much more frequently. I have shown and complained about it at the service station couple of times but unfortunately no response !!!
It can be dust, it can be water or it can be faulty beading. Get it checked at the A.S.S.
What did you mean by no response by the A.S.S.? they were unable to solve this issue?