I own a Toyota Etios V since March 2011, and my experience has been quite ok till now. According to me, +ves
1. Clean looks - unlike the plump looks of Dzire and Manza. Manza specially gives feeling of a HUGE car making it difficult to park and maneouvre
2. Huge boot
3. Huge interior space
4. Many bottle holders
5. Chilled and huge glovebox
6. Safety features like ABS
, Airbags in a 7 lac rupee car
7. Very good overall engine and gearbox performance -ves
1. Poor fuel economy - I've driven this for 1000 km and my average is close to 9 kmpl in the city with AC On most of the times. This is almost half of the 17.5 kmpl and a HUGE dampener.
2. Rattling - There is a minor rattling sound from the passenger airbag unit and while it may be quick to fix, I didn't expect it from Toyota
3. Rear seat cushion softening - the rear seat cushion has already started becoming soft and doesn't have the firmness which impacts lower thigh support
4. Rear doors very light - compared to front doors, rear doors feel very light and less durable
5. Pickup from standstill - In first gear, when moving from standstill, the car doesn't move when I release clutch and requires fair amount of accelerator push. Its especially an issue on slopes where we have to push the accelerator hard to avoid vehicle from going backwards.
6. Paint chipping - I found that paint coating is very thin and has already chipped in some door edges.
7. Front speakers vibration - I think front speakers are very close to the plastic mould of the doors hence causes them to vibrate when we play music
8. Noise insulation - Toyota has provided lot of noise insulation in their Diesel model but none in the petrol, hence cabin is not as quiet as in other cars
I'm going to take up the negative points with Toyota during the service and hope most of it gets rectified