Originally Posted by Vivian
I am also happy with my Liva G and it's performance is really amazing but i'm not too much happy about the mileage as i am getting only an average of 13 kmpl. But in our roads in Kerala 13 kmpl is more than one could dream.
Weather gasket is not an issue if your car is used regularly. Plastic quality on Etios is at par with other 'made for Indian' cars. About NVH, no such problems once the car is get heated. ie: after one minute of idling. I think this is because the engine is tuned for efficiency rather than sudden acceleration.
You know why I mention NVH and weather gasket in every thread is for the basic reason that if Toyota Engineers would have supplied this weather gasket ( merely costing approx 4000 per car), then the overall Quality of Toyota ETIOS would have been enhanced. This weather gasket has so many features.
1) Sound Insulator - Prohibit noise from engine and road inside the passenger cabin. This is the reason why Nano is much silent for passengers and driver.
2) ICE- Any unwanted audio signal is called as Noise, thus by installing the weather gaskets the overall NVH of the vehicle could be enhanced. And this would have resulted in comfort, luxury and travel enjoyment.
3) Vibrations-These weather gaskets along with little dampers on the inside of the bonnet and the area below the dashboard would have resulted in a very quite Toyota ETIOS and it would have not been compared with Tractor or auto-rickshaw (which also does not have weather gasket)
For designing any car - Engineers have the following procedural commitments.
1) Use the best quality material available in the market.
2) Use the best technology.
3) Take care of Comfort, Safety, Luxury, performance, looks, design.
4) Above all meet the basic criteria for usability of the car.
5) Make car affordable-keep the price economical without compromising on the above parameters.
I want my Toyota to be the best among all the available vehicles. It will be an insult to Toyota ETIOS to be compared with sedans in its segment because it is customers like you are defending Toyota ETIOS against its flaws. This way Toyota will never be able to analyse the problems and solve them.
If the problems in Toyota ETIOS are not solved it will spoil the image of Toyota worldwide.
You can be liberal with compromises on Toyota Quality but I love the brand and want them to acknowledge the faults in my ETIOS and rectify them.
Well I am getting a mileage of 10 kmpl only. And I have the same feedback from most of the ETIOS customers.
Where is this commitment from Toyota Engineers.
It is our faith on Toyota brand that we have bought this vehicle and since we are facing these problems Toyota must address our issues.
Give me an honest reply that you have bought ETIOS or Toyota ETIOS?