I have replied to some of your threaded replies. I have the Toyota ETIOS model-V. I could not understand the term ICEd. Please help me with that.I have driven it for 2000km on different traffic conditions also.More than the problems in my ETIOS I have the impression that Toyota CRM has very high ego and they are not willing to acknowledge the flaws. Unless Toyota acknowledge the flaws and take back my car and refund the money I shall keep on echoing my concerns.I have shared my observations here-
Toyota Etios common Problems faced by myself -owner of Toyota Etios model-V.
I would once again like to mention my problems as follows-
1) Engine Vibration at Idle/ Neutral position. When the vehicle ignition is switched “ON” the vehicle shakes heavily and produces noise.
freakdude -Let it idle for 40 - 60 sec, it does settle down quite a bit. Do not engage gears immediately after starting your car. Munish-I have tried at all conditions and the vibrations are always present. This was even confirmed by the CRM and technical team of Galaxy Toyota during inspection. This was concluded after driving vehicle for 8 kilometers.
Secondly when the vehicle is “START” and the gear is Neutral/ idling condition – vehicle produces lot of vibration.This vibration is irritating and distracts attention for every moment spent in the Etios.The vibrations are so intense that the vibrations are felt in the driver and passenger seats, steering, side arm rest, roof top, tail ( boot space) of my etios.
Freakdude- I dont feel any such vibrations till now. Mine is 1200 kms old. Munish - I feel happy for you that you have not faced this problem as yet.
I have tried at all conditions and the vibrations are always present. This was even confirmed by the CRM and technical team of Galaxy Toyota during inspection. This was concluded after driving vehicle for 8 kilometers.During the 2nd inspection at Galaxy Toyota we observed 4 Toyota ETIOS and each had different noise and vibrations level. There is no standardization of component performance in ETIOS.
2) Road Noise inside the cabin. When the vehicle is moving on the road, great amount of sound from the tyre reaches the inside cabin of the car, which is very irritating while driving.This noise is heard even with window glass closed and AC switched ON.
Freak dude -I totally agree on this. A lot is due to absence of firewall. Absence of fender linings and door strip are also accountable for this. For solution, get 3M rubberised under-body anti-rust treatment done. Also, put on branded (3M/Lumar) sunfilms. These reduce noise and dampen the vibrations to a great extent. Munish- I already have the under-body rubberised rust treatment done(Rs.2000). Branded sunfilm is also installed(Rs.7500). Even after these remedies which would have actually controlled the noise and vibrations. I must say very Poor Engineering by Toyota ETIOS.
3) Engine Noise inside the cabin. The vehicle produces a lot of noise while accelerating. It sounds as if lot of lot of load has been put on the engine even with light load in the car (with 2 passengers inside the cabin). This noise is very distracting while driving.
Freak dude -I have driven my ETIOS on quite a wide speed spectrum and felt that noise is on higher side only if I go over 80kmph. Till 80 it is quite OK. check your tyres for any alignment issues. Munish-In my ETIOS the noise is heard all the times. I have driven in all of 2000km and not beyond 70kmph. How can you imagine that Toyota ETIOS can develop alignment issues in Toyota ETIOS which has done 2000km only. I must again say Poor Quality of Toyota ETIOS.
4 ) Absence of Weather gaskets on all four Doors. The absence of gasket makes it convenient for insects, cockroaches, ants, spiders and lizards to get inside the vehicle as soon as the door is opened. The interior area of the cabin trapped between the frame and door is always dirty even though the vehicle is cleaned from outside.
Freakdude - Very True. Bad on TOYOTA's part. Munish-This is called as POOR ENGINEERING or overconfidence of Toyota Engineers OR Toyota India is playing with the name of Toyota Japan.
5) Jerks while driving. Less weight of the car makes it bouncy on road.The suspension is poor and the impact of the holes on road comes directly to the passngers inside the car cabin. The ride is rough. The comfort part is missing from the vehicle.
Freakdude-I have just completed a 500km trip and believe me a lot of my perceptions changed. Front seats do lack softness but are not hard for sure. Rear bench is damn good and comfortable. Yes, bounciness is definitely there.
6) Battery. The battery drains out completely in less than a weeks time of non usage of the vehicle. It has happened with me three times.
Freakdude-Yet to see this happen, but quite possible since I have noticed that if during continuous horn usage i use dipper, then the horn sound does fluctuate. Munish-The horn sound fluctuation in your vrhicle shows some problem with wiring or battery itself.Pleas eget it checked immediately.
7) Paint. The pain quality is poor as it chips out and cracks out.
Freakdude-No way. It is at par with other siblings from the Toyota family.
8.) Air conditioner. The Air Conditioner, when it is switched off produces bad smell inside the cabin.
Freakdude -Need to check this.
9) Brakes. The brakes are ineffective and takes time to fully act on pedal press.
Freakdude-Very true. Brakes come into action when brake pedal is depressed to a much greater extent than other cars. Munish-This can lead to accidents.
10) Transmission – Reverse Gear. On application of reverse gear the gears make jarring noise. This is very annoying. The transmission is very poorly designed which takes lot of effort to shift gears. One feels like fighting with every gear change.
Freakdude-I am also facing this issue. Asked the SE to get it checked during 1st service. He reported it as normal. My solution : Engage the 1st gear and then engage the reverse. Viola. No grinding noise.
11) Horn sounds more inside than outside. This is because of poor acoustic insulation in Etios that the sound of horn is heard more inside the passenger cabin than outside.
Freakdude-This is due to the fact that it faces towards the bay rather than the grill. Add to that poor insulation. You can get the horn re-fitted with changed direction. Will solve the issue to a great extent. Munish -I must say POOR Design by Toyota.Toyota has charged the premium from us and is in turn trying to convince that it is priced less ( Rs.7.5L) for ETIOS model-V. Why should I get it done in new car?It is design flaw.
12) Pick up. The pickup is very low at any gear and even the new vehicle seems to be tired and exhausted.
Freakdude-Totally disagree buddy. If anything got me sold onto ETIOS is it's sheer driveability in city. Amazing torque in all gears.Try upshifting soon to higher gears as ETIOS has shorter gear ratios and torque peaks around 3000 RPM. So, try to be in the power band, which by the way is quite easy in ETIOS. Munish-I am still holding on my point because I have faced it regularly.
13) Mileage. The actual mileage of ETIOS in city conditions is not more than 10 kilometer per litre in city conditions. The company claims it to be more than 17.5 kilometers per litre.
Freakdude-It's early for me to comment on this. In city I am getting 11.8 and in my recent log trip i got 14 (AC on all time, 4 adults, luggage, speeds varying from 80-110 on highways and few kms in b-to-b traffic too). I hope it improves.
14) Interior. The interior plastic quality is very raw and gives a very cheap feeling. The interior plastic shade is also very irritating. The seats are also of very poor quality. The interior plastic has started making absurd noise because of excessive vibrations in the vehicle.
Freakdude-Interiors do are built to cost but at the same time they seem like built to last too. Few areas are definitely harder like arm rests and portions of dash. But one agrees to live with them if we are purchasing the car. No body is forcing us to buy any vehicle. Search for a good seat cover stitcher that car create art-leather door cover. i am too planing for the same. Munish-How can you comment on the Quality and Life of the interior material. You are also using the vehicle for just few months and the car is only 8 months old in the world.It is your wish that material is good.Nobody is forcing us to buy the vehicle but it is the moral and social duty of the manufacturer to design a good vehicle for society. Please do not be biased with anyone.
15) Stepney – Non Alloy wheel. The stepney- spare wheel supplied along with toyota etios model v is non alloy wheel where as all the other tyres are alloy wheels.
Freakdude-This behaviour is common to many cars. Please spare ETIOS on this. Munish-No information was given at any point of time-order booking, delivery, demo, service etc.Not on the sales brochure, technical manual.specification sheet etc.This is unfair practice.
16) Remote unit for remote locking. There is only one remote control unit supplied along with the vehicle.
Freakdude -Agree. A second remote would have hardly costed some 700-800 bucks. Munish-Poor Design by Toyota Engineers.This is not called cost cutting. It is called careless Engineering.