Injector Misfiring in Tata Indigo Dicor

Thread Starter #1
guys, being sunday & free had started to a temple nearby nearly 3o kms to my place. after driven twenty kms the smoke is being seen inside the cabin & having "put-put" noice from the bonnet, stopped the car & opened the hood. from one of the injectors oil is being leaked. the bonnet is all black. called my mechanic told the problem. he said nothing to worry injector is misfiring, resume the journey, drive slow. nothing to worry much.

drove slowly with frequent stops. never drove more than 40 kmph. when exceeded more than 50kmph engine check light used to glow. the put-put sound increased a bit & sounded similar to an auto. returned home safe.

car has been serviced recently. the head gasket valder cover has gone and is leaking oil, to open the head the injectors have been removed. may be they arent replaced properly.

ive driven nearly 45 kms with one injector misfiring, would it cause any affect on the injector.

car is now in the garage, have to wait and see the damage

Re: injector misfiring in indigo dicor

Injector cost 10k each.

tata service people will be adamant in changing all the 4.

Talk as much as possible to change only the faulty one.
they may advice you if one is faulty all may be faulty one.
just give a try , change the faulty one alone.

get a good local mech to check the car , they do better job than a service ppl

Re: injector misfiring in indigo dicor

If you saw the engine light go on, you shouldn't have driven it. A misfire in the engine would eventually lead to a BHG. Which will cost you a hell lot to replace.
If I were you, for peace of mind, I would get the whole injector rail replaced instead of just one. Be it at your local shop or at TATA. That is just me though.

[:)]

Thread Starter #4
i gave the car to a local mech, i lost belief in them long ago.

If you saw the engine light go on, you shouldn't have driven it
i should have, but my parents were onboard then, so did not want to leave them stranded on the road. so drove home, what ever may happen. in the worst case a blown up injector.

I would get the whole injector rail replaced instead of just one
a single injector is roughly around 13000/-, 4 injectors would set me back by 52000/-, thats a whole lot of $$$

Last edited:
i should have, but my parents were onboard then, so did not want to leave them stranded on the road. so drove home, what ever may happen. in the worst case a blown up injector.

a single injector is roughly around 13000/-, 4 injectors would set me back by 52000/-, thats a whole lot of $$$
By the sounds of it, you already have an injector that is misfiring fuel into your combustion chamber. No such thing as a "blown" injector, you'd just be going through a lot more diesel/petrol than usual.

I said it before, its just me, and its for peace of mind. If possible ask the mechanic to source a used injector rail for you. It will be a lot cheaper that way, but not really sure on how well that'll do.

Anyway, if you are still driving the car, just keep an eye out on the engine temp gauge on the dash. If its over 75% stop driving.

That's my advice.

Nothing BIG to worry.

only one cylinder have no power and unburnt gases will be coming through exhaust.
also since due to sound you may have not driven fast.

Belive me , since i do have a garage , i have seen cars of these
dicor engine .

Even one of our customer was afraid and changed the whole as a set , total 45000

Thread Starter #10
got the car now, problem is sorted with the copper ring, but still the low put-put sound is coming. he says due the carbon the injectors are clogged. put engine oil in diesel and sound will go off eventually. except that car is going fine. have to mix oil in diesel & see.

is it fine to mix oil in diesel??? experts please comment on this

got the car now, problem is sorted with the copper ring, but still the low put-put sound is coming. he says due the carbon the injectors are clogged. put engine oil in diesel and sound will go off eventually. except that car is going fine. have to mix oil in diesel & see.

is it fine to mix oil in diesel??? experts please comment on this
Well, its good to hear that the injector problem is sorted out.
Regarding your question, people with big 4WD usually put used engine oil in their diesel tanks as it was the safest way to dispose used engine oil. And apparently it did clean the injectors, to me it doesn't make sense and it is a very debatable topic.

So I can't really say anything.

Good luck mate.

The oil mixing is practised.

even i did them for my marina. to free up nozzle.

But your case is Crdi engine. Is that some valve /tappet noise. check them and take necessary step. the noise will be irritating though

Thread Starter #13
hi guys. mixed oil with diesel & drove for around 40 kms today, sound to reduced to some extent. seems it is working

i dont think it is tappet noice, sound is from one injector only

guys worked fine but the black smoke is being emitted. will an decarbonisation with ows flush helps???
Hello,

Please tell me the total running of our car. Personally I am totally against the decarbonasation as this process is mere eyewash and hardly helps in reducing smoke.

Now a days all the cars are fitted with Catalytic Convertor. When this catalytic convertor gets clogged you get avery thick BLACK SMOKE.

So first I suggest you to please open up the cylencer completely and wash all the three mufflers out of which the first one from the engine side is the CAT.

This should solve your problem 99.99999%. If this fails I tihnk you should get your injectors checked and calibrated.

Please let me know the progress.

Regards

Top Bottom