Idling in Two Wheelers

Thread Starter #1
Hello everybody. I have a doubt regarding idling in two wheeler. I own Tvs Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge. I want to know
1.what is idling?
2.what is role of idling?
3.what is optimum idling range in Apache RTR 160?
4.can I do it myself,if yes how to do it?
5.does mileage depends on idling?
Note:when I start my bike it shows 1x1000rpm.

Re: Idling in two wheeler

I am not much of biker or technical guy but i will tell you what i know.

1.Idling is the RPM at which the engine runs when at idle.

2. Role of idling , well to keep the engine running when its idle , you have to maintain it at the optimum level.

3. I think your bike is already having the optimum idling.

4. Yes you can do it yourself , a screw like thing can be found hanging under the fuel tank at the edge , i think a pictorial representation is what you need.

5. I am not very sure but i think having a high idling than normal will result in an increased fuel consumption.

Hello everybody. I have a doubt regarding idling in two wheeler. I own Tvs Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge. I want to know
1.what is idling?
Idle rpm is the least possible safer & balanced crank revolution per minute to keep the engine ON in no-load condition
2.what is role of idling?
Main role - to warm up the engine during cold start so that the lubricant reaches its desired viscosity level & all moving parts are perfectly lubricated before the engine takes a higher rpm.

It also avoids your engine go OFF when we remove our foot / hands from accelerator in signals, etc etc

3.what is optimum idling range in Apache RTR 160?
900~1050 rpm (This was informed my service engineer when I had Apache RTR)
4.can I do it myself,if yes how to do it?
No idea about Hyper Edge. May be available in service manual
5.does mileage depends on idling?
Yes
Note:when I start my bike it shows 1x1000rpm.
Hi buddy, 1000rpm seems to be perfect & I had the same idle rpm in my RTR 160. Please find the comments in Bold

yes most bikes ideal range for idling is between 850-1050 depending on engine cubic capacity their range is set.You can manually set them where you would find a screw type pin hanging below your fuel tank on its left side.You can move it clock wise and anti clock wise to increase or decrease its rpm.

Cold start idling should be between 900 to 1000 for apache as i used to own one so know, after engine heats up it would go up till 1200-1350 which is ideal for best of performance and mileage.

Hi buddy, 1000rpm seems to be perfect & I had the same idle rpm in my RTR 160. Please find the comments in Bold
Hi I have Apache 160 when I start my bike normally in cold conditions the rpm is 1x1000. But when the engine heats up the rpm goes to 2x1000 rpm and giving a raise at that stage the rpm meter does not comes to normal stage at the same time when I loose my clutch lever in first gear the rpm meter come to normal I having this trouble from the purchase. Is there something wrong in my bike does my bike have a problem?

assuming the idle rpm is 1000 and 2000 rpm( after the engine heating), the bike would be at 2000rpm and the RPM will not come down when you live off the throttle, if this the issue check the following conditions.

A Jammed Air screw( optimal setting would be 3 turns clockwise)
faulty choke cable or even accelrator cable
do a clean carb clean

this should fix the issue

Top Bottom