Here are few interesting facts that i found on net! Advantage of Using CNG Fuels!
Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) is a substitute for gasoline (petrol) or diesel fuel. It is considered to be an environmentally "clean" alternative to those fuels. It is made by compressing methane (CH4) extracted from natural gas. It is stored and distributed in hard containers, usually cylinders.
Green fuel -
Commonly referred to as the green fuel because of its lead and sulphur free character, CNG reduces harmful emissions. Being non-corrosive, it enhances the longevity of spark plugs. Due to the absence of any lead or benzene content in CNG, the lead fouling of spark plugs, and lead or benzene pollution are eliminated. Increased life of oils -
Another practical advantage observed is the increased life of lubricating oils, as CNG does not contaminate and dilute the crankcase oil. Mixes evenly in air -
Being a gaseous fuel CNG mixes in the air easily and evenly. Advantage of Using LPG Fuels!
Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) is mostly propane when used for automotive purposes. It is produced as a by-product of natural gas processing or oil refining, and is often used as a bottled gas for cooking and heating. LPG is mainly used in cars and light vans. This means they have separate tanks for the LPG and petrol, and can operate on either fuel simply by flicking a switch. Running solely on LPG will however provide the greatest environmental and financial benefits although a small amount of petrol will be needed as most LPG vehicles start up on petrol and then switch over to LPG after a few seconds. In India the supply is as per BIS : 14861 Perceived advantages :-
1) Kit costs as low as Rs.6000/- to Rs.7000/- (CNG kits cost upwards of Rs.30,000/-)
2) Cost per kilometer of running approx. 80 paise (petrol being nearly Rs.2 per km)
3) Household subsidised cooking gas cylinders available easily.
4) Dealers available dime a dozen in every locality who proclaim their ongoing illegal business of fitting LPG kits in vehicles as legal. Advantages over other fuels
The combustion of Autogas is smoother as a result of the higher octane content. Unlike other fuels, no additives are required to guarantee high quality.
• Autogas contains no lead and is therefore cleaner and leaves no residue.
• It is actually better than petrol because it reaches the engine in pure gas form with improved combustion resulting and fewer knocking.
• With modern technology, there is hardly any discharge of carbon monoxide, and compared to petrol and diesel, the exhaust fumes contain less harmful substances.
• The life of the engine is extended as a result of the absence of acids and carbon deposits. One can safely state that engines on LPG last almost twice than that on Petrol/Gasoline.
• Less carbon means less fouling of spark plugs and points i.e less wear and tear.
• The engine oil does not become diluted with a consequential reduction in servicing costs.
• Unlike diesel, you do not have to adjust your driving style. Cold starting is no problem, engine performance is almost exactly the same as with petrol. There is no spilling when filling your tank and no possibility of theft or pilfering. Engine noise is low and you'll be driving in a more environment-friendly way.
• The environmental advantages of Autogas for automotive use are indisputable.
Actually there are ample amount of information available on safety cost & Environment! You can visit http://www.ecogas.co.in
for more details!