Maruti 800 Tyres Touching Wheel Arches

Thread Starter #1
Hi I own a 2003, MPFI maruti 800, I upgraded my cars stock rims to 12" alloys, with 155\70 , I have a problem now, when thr are passengers at rear the wheel\tyre rums the wheel arches , I too have spacers fixed.

Pls help me out...
Varun

Hi Varun,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

Hi I own a 2003, MPFI maruti 800, I upgraded my cars stock rims to 12" alloys, with 155\70 , I have a problem now, when thr are passengers at rear the wheel\tyre rums the wheel arches , I too have spacers fixed.

Pls help me out...
Varun
You mean 12" or 13", if it is 12", then it should ideally not pose any such problem. Further more the problem may be due to wrong alloy offset.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for your quick reply , but I have 12" alloys only , I even got the wheel arches bent yesterday, it has solved the problem almost 60 % but still it touches, please help out and give me some good tips .

Last edited by a moderator:
Varun, i must say your car looks fabulous.

I believe your front wheel must be scrapping and the rear ones with full load right? Looking at your wheels, i dont think the issue is related to the offset. Also a friend of mine has similar alloys on his alto and he running with no issues.
BTW whats your cars age, this issue is many a times a result of faulty suspension.

Me too suspecting a faulty suspension.It used to happen in my esteem when fully loaded and a bumpy road. The tires used to touch the arches. Got it resolved by replacing those suspensions.

350Z

Core Team
Hello Varun, Welcome to the forum. I’m too an owner of a 2003 Maruti 800 DX and don’t think that rim size could be the culprit here. Although I have seen the wheels scrapping on a lot of Maruti cars with full load (Especially Dzire) but thankfully, never happened to me, also it depends how you define the full load – we’re presuming four people with boot full. There is definitely a possibility of worn out suspension. Please get it confirmed from both, authorized as well as local workshop.

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended
Either it is the fact that the people travelling in the car are too overweight(100kg each X 5 = 500 kg + luggage) or your car's suspension is at fault.

Varun560061: As said above, it reason may not be the wheel arch, you may need to look towards the suspension as this happens only when the car is loaded.
But before getting the suspension checked, I would also suggest you to check the spring. It may have grown weaker. Replacing the spring before putting your hands on Suspension would be a smart move as you know that the suspension overhaul will cost you in thousands, the spring can be replaced in a lesser price.

Thread Starter #10
Thank you all for your quick reply, my car is 8 years old, it has clocked 72000 kms as of now, i got the springs and suspension checked and its fine, but whats the issue is if there is only one passenger at rear its enough to scrap my tires, i even have spacers for all 4 wheels, there is no problem with the front tires except rubbing towards the mud flap when we steer extremly to right or left .

The last thing I have taught of is getting the wheel arches bent slightly outwards (like an body kit) so that it will solve the problem, please give me any tips suggesstions regarding this.

Varun..

Thank you all for your quick reply, my car is 8 years old, it has clocked 72000 kms as of now, i got the springs and suspension checked and its fine, but whats the issue is if there is only one passenger at rear its enough to scrap my tires...
Did you get your car inspected at MASS?

Also i would like to know since how long have you been facing this problem. Did it start after you switched to alloys/tires?

i even have spacers for all 4 wheels, there is no problem with the front tires except rubbing towards the mud flap when we steer extremly to right or left .

The last thing I have taught of is getting the wheel arches bent slightly outwards (like an body kit) so that it will solve the problem, please give me any tips suggesstions regarding this.

Varun..
Try with a thinner spacer at the rear.
Don't try bending the arches, may spoil the look of the car.

Thread Starter #15
Dear Akash,

As i changed my rims and tyres together, the problem started, is some one facing the same issue? Thanks for your reply.

Top Bottom