Diesel with System-D

Thread Starter #1
I have a ritz ddis and had used Iftek system D link. When i started using it i felt engine was running smooth (must be a placebo) never found again by continuous use. This was way back like an year ago. One strange thing use to happen that time. There is a light on the instrument cluster in ritz vdi an amber circle with an electrification symbol (i wish i could take a snap when it was lighted, doesn't comes up even in ignition on position), now this light use to intermittently come up while driving with a jerk in the engine, like when it used to jerk in the "carborator mein kachra aa gaaya hoga saab" days.

But when I stopped using system D everything was ok and from that day I am not using this thing. But people are. I don't know how come they don't have this problem and it was only me!!.

I have read somewhere that these additives are not to be used on a modern day diesels. Don't know how true these facts are.

Anybody faced a similar situation?

This is the symbol of glow plug.
It is used to help diesel engine start faster, because unlike petrol engines, diesel engines don't use spark plugs.

Sorry misread your thread, if its a symbol with something like a lightening, then it may be a Engine management system warning light.
It is there in cars made by VW for this purpose only. Not sure about Maruti.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
May be it a EMS light but don't know why it came up. Till now i havent seen this coming up again,"fingers crossed"

I am very later on this thread, yet... System D is generally recommended by Ford for Icon, but not sure about Fiesta. The Service Centre recommended me to use this for my Figo as well. However, in contrary, the Figo's service manual advocates not to use any additives... Then why is the Service Centre recommending you that??? Good Question. [clap]

On the other hand, a friend of mine, using it in his Figo. Not heard of any complaints yet and he claims the mileage has improved better.

Last edited:
Trying to revive this old thread . Has anyone been using System G (Petrol) or Syatem D(Diesel) or any other fuel additives in his car/bike ?

Any response on the change in the car performance that they have observed

Last edited:
Add on additives are not adviced for modern day diesel engines, yes they were recommended in older gen engines of DI and Idi ones.

I have bought twp bottles of iftex g, but have not tried yet.
There has been lot of confusions over these additives.

Ford Figo user manual clearly mentions that - We recommend using iftex G.
Ford facebook page mentions that they do not recommend any additives.

And whats more- if you check iftex website - they received certifications based on testings done on Ford/Tata/GM cars.

My personal opinion - if you are filling up from a reputated station - you may skip using these things. As your car grows older, these additives may do better.

I have bought twp bottles of iftex g, but have not tried yet.
There has been lot of confusions over these additives.

Ford Figo user manual clearly mentions that - We recommend using iftex G.
Ford facebook page mentions that they do not recommend any additives.

And whats more- if you check iftex website - they received certifications based on testings done on Ford/Tata/GM cars.

My personal opinion - if you are filling up from a reputated station - you may skip using these things. As your car grows older, these additives may do better.
What I have heard is that we should not use Additives in the car after 60 K if you have never used it previously as it might cause issues because the sludge that starts acting as a sealant in the engine would be corroded and then cause issues.

The whole thing confuses me. Mobil produces special engine oil for high mileage cars which are nothing but with additional additives. And while I was in US, my car crossed 80k miles and the dealership recommended engine flush and concentrated fuel system cleaner which I did finally. I used fuel system cleaner for almost 30k miles on my car over there and there were no problems. But we have to take a note on the point that all the car makers insist on good quality fuel and NO additives. People just use them as Good quality fuel is very subjective and sometimes hard to find.
Just my opinion. :)

I have a ritz ddis and had used Iftek system D link. When i started using it i felt engine was running smooth (must be a placebo) never found again by continuous use. This was way back like an year ago. One strange thing use to happen that time. There is a light on the instrument cluster in ritz vdi an amber circle with an electrification symbol (i wish i could take a snap when it was lighted, doesn't comes up even in ignition on position), now this light use to intermittently come up while driving with a jerk in the engine, like when it used to jerk in the "carborator mein kachra aa gaaya hoga saab" days.

But when I stopped using system D everything was ok and from that day I am not using this thing. But people are. I don't know how come they don't have this problem and it was only me!!.

I have read somewhere that these additives are not to be used on a modern day diesels. Don't know how true these facts are.

Anybody faced a similar situation?
Chevrolet recommends this, doesnt know about MS. I have been using it in my Chevy Sail since day 1, it is magnificent. The engine runs smooth

The whole thing confuses me. Mobil produces special engine oil for high mileage cars which are nothing but with additional additives. And while I was in US, my car crossed 80k miles and the dealership recommended engine flush and concentrated fuel system cleaner which I did finally. I used fuel system cleaner for almost 30k miles on my car over there and there were no problems. But we have to take a note on the point that all the car makers insist on good quality fuel and NO additives. People just use them as Good quality fuel is very subjective and sometimes hard to find.
Just my opinion. :)
Its not advisable to use oil additives mixed with synthetic oil since these additives damages the chemical structure of the oil. A good engine oil flesh like OWS is good for engine.
There is no harm in using some fuel line cleaners occasionally.

Its not advisable to use oil additives mixed with synthetic oil since these additives damages the chemical structure of the oil. A good engine oil flesh like OWS is good for engine.
There is no harm in using some fuel line cleaners occasionally.
Hi Aromal,

System D is mixed with the fuel i.e. Diesel and not with Engine Oil. System D can be mixed with Diesel once in 3 to 4 fills and I do it regularly in this manner and have not found any issues.

Top Bottom