Does Hyundai CRDi Engines Trouble After 70K Kms?

Thread Starter #1
i have heard from many resources that crdi engines from hyndai give serious troubles post 70k km..how far is it true.

one of my friend was looking forward to buy hyundai second hand diesal but now he changed his mind.

as the rumour goes like, hyundai themselves refrain from giving proper backups or supports for aged crdi engines.
either they demand exhorbitant service charges or ignore the customer.

anybody here who can throw some lights.

Ohhh

just yest i got a accent crdi!

Yeah i even did hear yest , that one has asked them about the overhaul cost for engine , they have quoted 1.7L
read clear 1,70,000/-

Also have read , the drive shaft cost about 38000/- at hyundai.
no idea about clutch cost @ hyundai

the clutch spare , original valeo brand cost 6700 , it was replaced for a accent crdi last month in our garage

Last edited:
ilango[speed thirst];71148 said:
Ohhh

just yest i got a accent crdi!

Yeah i even did hear yest , that one has asked them about the overhaul cost for engine , they have quoted 1.7L
read clear 1,70,000/-

Also have read , the drive shaft cost about 38000/- at hyundai.
no idea about clutch cost @ hyundai

the clutch spare , original valeo brand cost 6700 , it was replaced for a accent crdi last month in our garage
with that amount you could have run the lancer for one generation buddy [frustration] .You tell me what will be the cost if it was done in private garage .

:offtopic:And one off topic question what will be the cost o clutch lease bearing for lancer and overall clutch assembly?

with that amount you could have run the lancer for one generation buddy [frustration] .You tell me what will be the cost if it was done in private garage .

:offtopic:And one off topic question what will be the cost o clutch lease bearing for lancer and overall clutch assembly?
Engine remove and fix labout , near 5000/-
lathe labour some thing near 6000/-
apart from these parts like valve, sleeve . piston , connecting rod , bearing
that must be roughly 10 to 20k , depending upon spares that are needed

and some minor things for timing belts , other running bearing , waterpump etc , that is generally changed , for a total trouble free thing.

altogether a worst max of 35K , hmmm even it be worst to the core a 50K

hey , a new engine at pudupet must cost around 50 to 70K including pump etc. hehe

buy that and stamp the old engine number [evil]

for lancer , i did not replace those parts.
But have heard clutch plates are avail from 1800 to 3000.
a good quality must cost around same as the accent one .

may be for 8k , you must get , clutch , cover assembly , release bearing.

Thread Starter #6
Oh thanks ilango , dint see your thread .just now i noticed i think this thread can be merged with yours

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most probably yes because Hyundai themselves gives only one year extended warranty for Verna CRDI , while for other petrol models they offer for even five years!

Hyundai Review

Guys
I don't know how many of you have felt this and i don't mean to offend Hyundai users,infact i am one.
Hyundai cars generally offer lot of luxuries at a moderate pricing, but their fuel efficiency and engine life remain a question.Within 3 years or so most hyundai engines have reduced fuel economy.
Diesel engines have tweakings and troubles starting from 40 k.
What are your opinion guys.

Re: Hyundai Review

Regarding FE, I partly agree. Newer gen engines are improving in that aspect, compared to older engines. But regarding life of engine, that's not true. Our Hyundai Accent(Now Sold) worked like a charm even after 1L kms and same goes for our beloved Santro(now sold). Both accent and santro clocked ~1L kms, which can easily tell you about Hyundai Engine life.

Re: Hyundai Review

Regarding FE, I partly agree. Newer gen engines are improving in that aspect, compared to older engines. But regarding life of engine, that's not true. Our Hyundai Accent(Now Sold) worked like a charm even after 1L kms and same goes for our beloved Santro(now sold). Both accent and santro clocked ~1L kms, which can easily tell you about Hyundai Engine life.
My friend spent 2L for repairs in accent crdi...finally fed up he bougt new car.[lol]

Life of engine in case of petrol is fuel economy aspect what i meant guys.
My friends owned santro ,one sold off as mileage at 80k km dropped very badly to 9-10km/L.
Another one is having same fate-10-11km/L.

Although I am not much sure about it but I haven't ever seen a Hyundai munching as much miles as a Maruti Suzuki does. The likes of Honda and Toyota are entirely different things.

Maybe it is so, I have heard a couple of people telling how Hyundai cars get troublesome after munching much miles. Rest a lot depends on the way one drives!

Although I am not much sure about it but I haven't ever seen a Hyundai munching as much miles as a Maruti Suzuki does. The likes of Honda and Toyota are entirely different things.

Maybe it is so, I have heard a couple of people telling how Hyundai cars get troublesome after munching much miles. Rest a lot depends on the way one drives!
Yep. Our SX4 crossed 1L mark sometime ago and mileage still hovering around 13/16 in city/highway, where it used to give 14/19. So it all depends. Our santro, towards the end where we sold it, it gave us 12/15 which was good if you ask me. Accent was in different league, but still for 2.0L engine, we used to get 9/11 mileage. So it all depends on how one handles. But I agree MS engines are far better in abuse department than Hyundai.

There is nothing as such. There is a lot of Hyundai running above 90k near my residence. But the maintenance costs are on the higher side for a Hyundai. At the end it depends on how well the vehicle is maintained?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ vishnucrazy - na , don't think so :p

My santro is at 1,30,000 kms (6 years) and of that i have covered 80,000kms on CNG (normal , not sequential)

cost per km - 1.75 rs per km with AC.

What all has changed.
* shock absorbers
* clutch plate @ 98kms
* oil seal leaked @ 98kms ( so got the clutch plate changed as well)
* spark plug wire
*ignition coil (3k including labor)
* normal wear and tear items like brake pads.

How the car lasted 80000 kms on Cng without engine overhaul ?
Driving first 2 kms daily on petrol
getting car serviced at every 5k kms[\B]

My friend's 2nd hand swift cng gone kaput, why ? Because he never used it on petrol. Expense - 17,000rs.

I10 at 78000 kms. (6 years)
Mileage - 13.5 kmpl , 100% city , 90% AC (last checked mileage) and i used to think it gives 12kmpl.

Parts Changed.
* Clutch Plate @ 38-44k kms (don't remember) cost 5500rs from hyundai including clutch pedal.
* AC coil , have changed this 3 times. But everytime this fails , don't know why.
* no main engine problem yet.
* Brake pads

Verna @ 22000 kms ( 3 years)
Mileage - 10kmpl in city with AC , 12-14 without AC.

parts changed
*nil

Total service cost in 3 years - 4000-5000rs (4th service was done from local mechanic but with semi synthetic oil)

So all in all it depends how the car is being used. If i don't get the car serviced properly it will damage the engine.

Top Bottom