Tata Nexon: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

The next important thing post purchase is to have a thread for the technical queries which the owners may have. This thread shall be for the technical help about the issues being faced by the Nexon Owners. Feel free to share your smallest of technical queries for real time solutions from the Nexon owners.

Format for the Query

Nexon Variant:

Diesel or Petrol:

Manual or AMT:

Date of Purchase:

Technical Issue Faced:
Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #2

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Nexon Variant: XZ

Diesel or Petrol: Diesel

Manual or AMT: Manual

Date of Purchase: October 2018

Technical Issue Faced: Today while reversing the car at a petrol pump for about 5-6 seconds the steering got 'stuck'. It was not locked but stuck. It became heavy. Seeing this, heart was in mouth. So, I first disengaged the reverse gear and then with my XL size thick hands tried turning the steering and finally it got back to normal. This is the 1st time in 2 months and ~3100 kms that such a thing happened. After the steering became normal, I drove the car back home and all was normal. I am aware of the issue in some other Nexon(s) too so will take it up with the service guys in next service.

Regards

Akash

I have Tata NEXON diesel XZ+ from past 6 months (2 free service completed) .
When I start my CAR put AC off and start only FAN ,All the ducts throw perceptibly hot air .
It keep coming continuously without making heater/AC 'ON' . I kept FAN speed at 7 so that if some residue hot air is there it get out quickly.
But It keeps coming non stop .
Does anybody facing same or similar issue. Or any body has possible explanation to this do let me know

I have also talked to showroom and service center people in Bangalore ,they do not have any clear understanding about it .
They always tell it comes from company as it is .
Which i am not ready to accept . The regular fan air appears coming out of the heater .

Nexon Variant: XZ+ DT

Date of Purchase: 24-Mar-18

Technical Issue Faced: Issue with engaging gears.
Gear is getting stuck intermittently and hesitates to fall in any gear. Wen to the SC with the same issue multiple times, they just adjust some nut near the gear assembly through the bonnet and told no issue with gearbox. But this issue seems to be happening very often now. Any suggestions buddies.

I would like to let you all know that I took my car to the KHT Motors Whitefield to have the vehicle inspected and upon further investigation they found that there was some internal failure in the Gearbox and the complete Gearbox assembly for my car was replaced within warranty without a single penny charged to me. Internal failure in the Gearbox at 16000kms is not accepted but am happy they replaced the unit for me within warranty.

Hey Guys,
Facing one issue in my Nexon XMA. I installed HSRP in my Nexon from the dealership today and along with the number plates I asked them to install the number plate frame but now whenever I engage the reverse gear then the Park assist starts beeping very loud even when there is no one at the rear. I think this is due to the number plate frame, is there anyone who is facing this issue?

Car details
Nexon AMT Petrol
36,000 KMs done
2.5 years old

Issue - From past few months, its giving sudden, repeated, multiple jerks while accelerating, however it is only in City and Sport mode. This happens only in 3rd and 4th gears between speed of 49 to 58. Experienced same on highway and city traffic. Its very painful to overtake in city traffic with these jerks as car doesn't latch on smooth motion till jerks are over. I don't face this issue in Eco mode. In city and sports mode car's mileage has also dropped a little.

I have to drive the car for 20-30 minutes before I experience these lags / jerks. SC couldn't replicate the issue, they checked for sensor faults, didn't find anything.

Seems like need help of some experts here to suggest what could be possible cause of the issue, and which reason you feel has higher possibility.

P.S. - I am not referring to the usual gear shift lag / jerk of AMT.

Other issues just for general feedback on 2.5 years of ownership

Sensor shows Lo for just 1 tyre Driver side front TPMS. Though air pressure is always constant and fine. (32Psi). Tried all hacks available on Youtube, filling extra air, deflating all tyres and inflating again... but nothing worked. SC is cluless, but will have sensor checked in next visit.

1st battery replacement was within warranty. At 13 months battery completely died. Another 16 months and replaced battery also died. Earlier one was exide, now have installed Amaron. Let's hope this won't have a similar short life.

From past few months, its giving sudden, repeated, multiple jerks while accelerating, however it is only in City and Sport mode.
I don't know but I feel can you have a check on the functioning of these two items on the car:
  1. Transmission Input Speed Sensor,
  2. Rotational Speed Sensor.

Sensor shows Lo for just 1 tyre Driver side front TPMS. Though air pressure is always constant and fine. (32Psi).
I guess the sensor has gone kaput. Needs replacement.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Issue - From past few months, its giving sudden, repeated, multiple jerks while accelerating, however it is only in City and Sport mode. This happens only in 3rd and 4th gears between speed of 49 to 58.
Engine is cold. Cylinder Misfire is happening. Do Idling and warm up first, only then accelerate heavily.

Last edited:
On Mumbai- Delhi highway, at a speed of ~130 KM/Hour, experienced multiple small quick jerks at 80-90 KM/hr and then suddenly car acceleration went flat, engine experienced terrible vibrations. It was dragging like a vibrating handcart loaded with 1000 kgs of weight. In sports mode max speed was 60 KM/hr, achieved in 1.5 minutes, eco mode gave almost a dead response. Somehow got the car home but by the time SC guys came for pick up the car (2 hours after arrival) had cooled down. And now car was performing relatively better but still there was a considerable loss of acceleration even on flooring the peddle.

Running a diagnosis on car, SC folks kept getting a temporary error for some "stop sensor" (not sure if that's the official / technical name but SC guys kept calling it so). They discussed with Tata team and then replaced spark plugs and the sensor.
So far car is running good and let's hope issue won't bounce back. If it reoccurs, then they suggest to replace fuel pump, however they have no method to check fuel pump, it'll be a Hit n try method to fix the issue.

Saving grace was low cost of sensor - 350 INR only.

[thumbsup]As a bonus - TPMS sensor also started worked fine, without fiddling or replacing the sensor.

Last edited:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
On Mumbai- Delhi highway, at a speed of ~130 KM/Hour, experienced multiple small quick jerks at 80-90 KM/hr and then suddenly car acceleration went flat, engine experienced terrible vibrations. still there was a considerable loss of acceleration even on flooring the peddle.
Running a diagnosis on car, SC folks kept getting a temporary error for some "stop sensor" (not sure if that's the official / technical name but SC guys kept calling it so). They discussed with Tata team and then replaced spark plugs and the sensor.
So far car is running good
Engine is misfiring. Car went into limp mode. Surely this is not the final diagnoses. Hope they checked the injectors too. What is the past DTC history showing up in their diagnostic laptop ? This has happened in the past too. They(codes) must be there.

Last edited:
On Mumbai- Delhi highway, at a speed of ~130 KM/Hour, experienced multiple small quick jerks at 80-90 KM/hr and then suddenly car acceleration went flat, engine experienced terrible vibrations. It was dragging like a vibrating handcart loaded with 1000 kgs of weight. In sports mode max speed was 60 KM/hr, achieved in 1.5 minutes, eco mode gave almost a dead response.

This issue needs further probing with proper root cause analysis. A proper OBD 2 Scanner with knowledgeable technician is required for proper diagnosis.

As told by @mayankdixit, this looks like the ECU is going into limp mode, you'll need to get the codes that are active and codes that are stored in 'history' to know where the issue lies.

Nexon Variant: XZ

Date of Purchase: April 2018
Issue- My car is going to cross 1L KM very soon. No problem faced so far. I had already changed my Coolant,Brake Oil and Gear Oil on the scheduled time. Should I consider cleaning/ changing any parts likewise EGR, Intake Manifold. But this is neither mentioned in Owner manual nor in service manual. The above information got through YouTube. I am little bit confuse. Kindly suggest what should I consider in my next Major service
Thanks in advance

Top Bottom