Excessive Engine Oil in Fiat

Thread Starter #1
Hi i have fiat punto 1.3 multijet diesel car, i went to native and when i start the car on my return journey i got notification from the dash saying "Insufficient engine oil and asked to turn off the car" i tried after one hour i got the same message. i went to nearby garage to drain the engine oil but hardly it came only 200 ml of the oil and the car serviced a month ago in Vecto Motors.

After i fill the engine oil and came back to bangalore and found there is some blast on the turbo hose and oil getting leaked and spreaded on engine bay. then i took the car to fiat service center and they saying there is 6L engine oil after drain. will it happen so. but when i drain the oil in natve i did not get enough oil out.

Now my worry is whether the excess oil will create serious damage for my car. and in return jouney the turbo did not work well.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi i have fiat punto 1.3 multijet diesel car, i went to native and when i start the car on my return journey i got notification from the dash saying "Insufficient engine oil and asked to turn off the car" i tried after one hour i got the same message. i went to nearby garage to drain the engine oil but hardly it came only 200 ml of the oil and the car serviced a month ago in Vecto Motors.

After i fill the engine oil and came back to bangalore and found there is some blast on the turbo hose and oil getting leaked and spreaded on engine bay. then i took the car to fiat service center and they saying there is 6L engine oil after drain. will it happen so. but when i drain the oil in natve i did not get enough oil out.
Buddy were you there when that "6 Lt" of engine oil was drained from your car's engine or did you just believe the ASC? There can be a possibility that the ASC technician might not have filled the required quantity at servicing time.

Now my worry is whether the excess oil will create serious damage for my car. and in return jouney the turbo did not work well.
What's the present ODO reading of your car? As you said there was a burst in the turbo and oil spilled out so it might be possible that the turbo conked off. Suggest you to get your car checked with any other FIAT ASC too for getting a second opinion.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
Buddy were you there when that "6 Lt" of engine oil was drained from your car's engine or did you just believe the ASC? There can be a possibility that the ASC technician might not have filled the required quantity at servicing time.
No i am not there in service center that time. but when i fill the oi in local garage he filled 3.2 litrs oil but in FIAT ASC they saying it drained 6Lts i dont know thats possible or not.

What's the present ODO reading of your car?
38K Kms. i can see the turbo hose is cracked and black oil came out from there and due to radiator fan it is spreaded everywhere.

IMG-20180116-WA0010.jpg This is the amount of engine oil drained when i get infsufficient engine oil display from car. we waited 20 mins to get this much oil only

IMG_20180119_215738.jpg But this the engine oil drained from FIAT service center today and they claim it has 6 Ltrs oil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
No i am not there in service center that time. but when i fill the oi in local garage he filled 3.2 litrs oil but in FIAT ASC they saying it drained 6Lts i dont know thats possible or not.
At your native when your car's MID showed "Insufficient Oil" then 99% that MID warning would be right. I think the Fiat ASC did not do their job. Do not believe them. It is not possible that a car which shows such warning to have 6 Ltr of oil. If your car had proper oil in 1st place, the MID wouldn't show such warning.

38K Kms. i can see the turbo hose is cracked and black oil came out from there and due to radiator fan it is spreaded everywhere.
I suggest take your car to another Fiat ASC for 2nd opinion and if required then get the turbo replaced. There is no point now in debating who was at fault. Get your car properly checked and if your car is under warranty then try and get the turbo replaced under that.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #5
Hi,

i got my car serviced and did engine flush and put new oil and filter, the turbo hose which was not replaced last time and they simply put bill, i blasted them and said i will not pay anything they have replaced the turbo hose. Now the car is running good and literally there is no smoke at 3K rpm.

is it so the diesel engine whenever we put new oil it bcecomes black only.

Top Bottom