Servicing & Maintenance Charges of Volkswagens

Thread Starter #1
I hope I am posting this in the right category.
I have heard that the servicing charges of VWs & Skodas are too high. One of my friend was charged 11k for first servicing of his VW Polo. [surprise]
Also heard that there are no free service checks in VW.
Can fellow members owning VW Polo/Vento share their experiences & charges.

Re: Servicing & Maintenance charges of VWs

I am not sure about VW Polo, but my Fabia's First Service Cost was around 3.5k and i have given my car today for the second service. The Service advisor gave me an estimate of Rs:6500/- approx.

Did you enquire if there was any part replacement was done along with the first service of your friend's Polo..? [confused]

This even I need to know. I have already adviced my sister-in-law and husband to go for a Polo Comfortline 1.2 Petrol. They currently have an 800 and will be keeping the 800 as a second car after getting the Polo. I guess the Polo wont be much of an issue since service intervals are at every 15000kms or one year. The salesperson informed us that service costs will be around 6000-8000 rupees normally.

Even i don know for sure but yes no free service for any car in VW!

But 11k seems a bit high for Polo! Once when i enquired for Jetta TDI they said a normal service will cost around Rs.13-15k.

A friend I know at the High Court here recently got a Polo Petrol Comfortline 1.2. He did some research and decided to go for it since his daily running on a working day is only 4 kms to and fro to office, Court and back home. He wont be needing more than a single service in a year.

What he told me is that abroad like in the U.S VW sells you the car at an irresistible price and then they enslave you as they charge you exorbitantly for service and repairs and most of the work cant be done outside their service centres. And the difference in charges are like ten times over what you might be paying outside. Price for spares is very high for sure, a wheel cup will cost you Rs.1500 for the Polo. This what I've heard and correct me if I am wrong.

I've also test driven the Polo Diesel and the comfort and quality is excellent. Only problem I felt in the Diesel is a useless small internal RVM and a huge turbo lag below 2000 rpm. Feels like you're riding a two stroke race bike with an expansion chamber. The car will rocket forward once you cross 1900rpm.

Last edited:

True, I think VW would charge extra servicing charges for being a German engineered car though logically speaking a well built car should be cheaper on service. Unfortunately that's not the case and though German cars are good they are not be as reliable as the Japanese cars especially when it comes to Electronics. For driving dynamics and build quality I woudn't fault the German brands, reliabilty is another ball game alltogether best excelled at by Japanese cars.
What's interesting is VW seems to promise low servicing costs in India to break into the Indian market which if is true is good. What does a service on say a Figo or Swift cost for comparison purposes and what frequency is it in since some here seems to say paid 11,000rs for the first service?

I hope I am posting this in the right category.
I have heard that the servicing charges of VWs & Skodas are too high. One of my friend was charged 11k for first servicing of his VW Polo. [surprise]
Also heard that there are no free service checks in VW.
Can fellow members owning VW Polo/Vento share their experiences & charges.
was this a petrol or diesel Polo? Would be interesting to know what work was done in the first service to warrant 11K

Thread Starter #8

was this a petrol or diesel Polo? Would be interesting to know what work was done in the first service to warrant 11K
This was for Diesel Polo & no parts were replaced. I'll check the break-up of the bill with my friend.

Vw folks cannot be out of thier mind. They must be aware of fact that it is india
If not vfm indians will dump whatever may.

This was for Diesel Polo & no parts were replaced. I'll check the break-up of the bill with my friend.
Totally agree. Try and get the break-up.

Should be interesting if they charged it for a regular service. But isn't 11K steep even for a diesel?[confused]

@ Cruvon I think the service interval for Figo and Swift is 10k KMS and for diesel normal bills should be in the range of Rs.4-5k i guess.

@ Nikhilanand 11k is not steep for a diesel , 11k is steep for a Polo TDI!

I work in VW.

Service intervals are every 15000 kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier. there are no free services.

Service costs are in the range of 6-8k.

Raj 6-8k for Polo TDI?

Can you also tell the servicing cost of other VW'S like Vento TDI , Jetta TDI and Passat TSI?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thats pretty high for a first service of a small car [shock].

@Raj, could you please tell us about other VW cars. I would like to know more about Vento, as we've booked it few months back [roll]

Top Bottom