Tata Manza Heater Glow Plug Stuck Badly & Won't Open Up

Thread Starter #1
Last year I had changed 2 heater plugs since I was getting glow plug indication on the dashboard, for 6 months they worked fine & in May 2017 it gave me the indicator again I took the car to workshop, they found that 1 of the new plug which they had changed has gone bad & its stuck badly & not opening at all, so they told me that out of 4 as long as 3 are good you can drive without much issues accept that glow plug indication will show on the dashboard.

So now I have to keep a check & every time I visit workshop I get the glow plug checked, yesterday visit one more older plug was found to be bad so I got it replaced but they had to literately struggle to open it & take that out. They say the 4th old plug is badly struck if applied force breaks it the half engine will have to be opened & taken to lathe machine to get that out with a major expanse of 10000/- and above.

What should I do to get the glow plug out?
Need solutions to this problem.

Regards
Ranjan

Thread Starter #3
Re: Manza heater glow plug stuck badly & wont open up

No I haven't taken to outside mechanic or workshops but I have spoken to them & they say the same.

Re: Manza heater glow plug stuck badly & wont open up

Glow plug is something that should never be touched on the Multijet. It is an extremely complex job. Now that it is done, you will have to follow all the procedure to change whatever parts get damaged in the process of removal of glow plug.

Today ie on 16 June 2018 on my Tata Manza Quadrajet 90ps I started getting this heater plug and engine check light.
Heater plug light will disappear after few minutes but engine check light won't go.
Showed to my mechanic and he diagnosed that one of the glow plug / heater plug is short and needs to be replaced. So he tried to remove heater plug but it was jamed and he suggested we should not remove it bcose it may broke. To remove this we need to remove engine head and than we can remove it from lathe machine and it will cost around 20 to 25k for all this process.
Car is running fine but that check engine is irritating me.

Last year I had changed 2 heater plugs since I was getting glow plug indication on the dashboard, for 6 months they worked fine & in May 2017 it gave me the indicator again I took the car to workshop, they found that 1 of the new plug which they had changed has gone bad & its stuck badly & not opening at all, so they told me that out of 4 as long as 3 are good you can drive without much issues accept that glow plug indication will show on the dashboard.

So now I have to keep a check & every time I visit workshop I get the glow plug checked, yesterday visit one more older plug was found to be bad so I got it replaced but they had to literately struggle to open it & take that out. They say the 4th old plug is badly struck if applied force breaks it the half engine will have to be opened & taken to lathe machine to get that out with a major expanse of 10000/- and above.

What should I do to get the glow plug out?
Need solutions to this problem.

Regards
Ranjan
Glow plug extractors are available in authorised fiat workshops. please see video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpL-yphF6M4

Today ie on 16 June 2018 on my Tata Manza Quadrajet 90ps I started getting this heater plug and engine check light.
Heater plug light will disappear after few minutes but engine check light won't go.
Showed to my mechanic and he diagnosed that one of the glow plug / heater plug is short and needs to be replaced. So he tried to remove heater plug but it was jamed and he suggested we should not remove it bcose it may broke. To remove this we need to remove engine head and than we can remove it from lathe machine and it will cost around 20 to 25k for all this process.
Car is running fine but that check engine is irritating me.
It can be removed. Twice it was done for my car. Engine head was not removed. I have same model as yours. Take the car to nearest TASS, preferably Concorde Motors.

Last edited:

Top Bottom