Steering Recentering Missing in Brand New Hyundai Eon Sportz

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys! This is just to get a general review. I recently bought a brand new Eon Sportz (4 days ago) and I notice that in low speed (at about 10-20 kmph) the steering recentering is missing, i.e., if I rotate the steering one side, it does not even attempt to come back to center. The workshop guys are saying it will happen at higher speeds (30-40 kmph) and with time, it will happen in lower speeds as well.

This is the first time I am driving Eon but all the other cars I have driven previously (Figo, i20 elite, i10, Santro, Alto k10, Alto 800, etc) had proper steering recentering even at lower speeds.

So any one faced this issue with their new Eon?

Steering should recenter even at low speeds. This seems to be an issue with wheel balancing or alignment but surprising considering that car is just 4 days old. If the dealership is giving you BS, why don't you take their TD car for a spin and check out if the issue persists on TD car as well. This will help you zero in if the issue is with your particular car or with the model itself.

i own a Hyundai Grand i10 and the steering is very eager to return to center.

Last edited:
Re-centering should happen even in low speeds. I take a left-right to enter our Co Car park at about 10 kph. When I take my hands off, the wheel comes back to center.

Take it all the way up to the Senior Man in the A$$. If they try to convince you, ask them to prove what they say with any other car that is serviced. Get it sorted out.

PS: Send a mail to Hyundai Head Office, ASAP.

Top Bottom