Hyundai i10 AC Problem

Thread Starter #1
We have i10 kappa 2009 in our home which ran around 73K. Recently i am feeling that it was not producing enough cooling and i need to keep fan to position 2 whereas i can also see fogging on windshield exactly at position of middle vents[confused].When i checked dashboard with my hand even though i kept airflow to face i could see some air flowing at that position to windshield and also that area was so cool compared to other part of dashboard. Apart from this i have also issue with sponges coming from air vents.
This is my first post in the forum and please excuse for any mistakes.

The sponge should be replaced ,check with cooling coils and condenser pipes.
Refill of gas may also be needed .
The cost will be -
gas refill -outside 600,at ASS-1000
Cooling coil costs quite high ,sponge will come around 500-1000

Thread Starter #3
So do you mean to say that dashboard need to be opened to replace the sponge. I have recently got gas refilled outside and he charged 800 post that also i had faced few issues like ac throwing hot air but recently one day ac gave completely hot air even though i played different settings and i felt something wrong and check my temp which was almost full. Then i stopped and took it to my local mechanic where he diagnosed as fan motor was gone and got it replaced for 5750(Part 5300, labor 450). Post this i dint find again ac throwing hot air but again i have used mostly in city and this weekend going for a long drive will and update my observation. If at all i need to get dashboard removed and clean under it what would be charges and can i know any good place in Hyderabad as ASS will ask to replace coil and all as vehicle is almost 9 years which never had any AC related part changes.

Thread Starter #5
How does sponge help behind the dash sorry for my dumb question. What would be the charges to get the above works done at ASS and outside.

The sponge separates dust from getting entered into blower via vents.(Does reverse mechanism of that of cabin filter ).
It acts as an insulated covering between A/c components and other components,and also maintains the colder environment within the panels.

Thread Starter #7
Thank you Vishnu, then i need to sort this out as at times i feel irritation in my eyes when i travel for long distances with AC on and i use only re circulation mode. Can we retro fit AC filter in i10 as there is no AC filter which helps a lot in reducing odor and other smells when i use fresh air mode.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Thank you Vishnu, then i need to sort this out as at times i feel irritation in my eyes when i travel for long distances with AC on and i use only re circulation mode. Can we retro fit AC filter in i10 as there is no AC filter which helps a lot in reducing odor and other smells when i use fresh air mode.
I am looking for this info as I suffer from Allergies and respiratory problems. Please update.

I am looking for this info as I suffer from Allergies and respiratory problems. Please update.
Retrofitting cabin air filter will impact the entire AC system undesirably and shortens the life of entire system. Modified air flow parameters affects the expansion pressures of the expansion valve and evaporator there by affecting Hi side pressure too. Not advisable.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Thank you surya i will make some time and take vehicle to ASS and get estimations for the above tasks and will update the same.

Check whether cabin filter can be placed (Open the glove box,remove it,if you see a compartment like setup,then you can confirm ,it )Clarify with other i10 owners for same.

If you don't have provision for the same,you can try charcoal freshners ,it can do freshening to certain extent.

Thread Starter #12
I have got it checked last time only to fit filter but there is no slot for it in 1st Gen i10 mine is magna variant maybe we need some help from people who own Asta variant as that's the top end. Also can you share the link or image of charcoal freshener which helps to pick easily.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I have got it checked last time only to fit filter but there is no slot for it in 1st Gen i10 mine is magna variant maybe we need some help from people who own Asta variant as that's the top end. Also can you share the link or image of charcoal freshener which helps to pick easily.
I have 1st gen asta (O) limited. will check on next Service & revert. on simple inspection there is no slot, so I was thinking to duct tape normal 3m particulate or chimney filters at intake vents. can someone guide where are the intake vents?

There are brands like Ecoallure ,Purgee,etc.But all comes in range of 1.5k to 4k.
Another desi method which i will suggest is ,if one needs deodorising the cabin and making it a pleasant feel,try placing camphor under the floor mats.
It absorbs the moisture and also provides a fresh feel.

Top Bottom