Engine Remap: What Should I Know Before Doing That?

Thread Starter #1
Guys,

I'm creating a new thread hoping to receive some valuable feedback before stepping in.

I got a quote of 26K to increase the HP/Torque of my Optra magnum from one of the popular names in town. Could you please help me with questions regarding the upgrades?

Current:
127HP/320NM Torque

Expected:
190HP/420NM Torque!!!

I. Should I have to change the brakes, suspension to balance the increased power?
II. Would there be more wear and tear on Clutch?
III. Will the upgrade in anyway creates engine errors codes and problems associated with it?
IV. Does that have any negative impact on the Engine life?
V. What are the other things that I should know before doing an upgrade?

Thanks for much for your help!

Re: Engine Remap - What should I know before doing that?

I. Should I have to change the brakes, suspension to balance the increased power?
A : Do as per the suggestion of the Tuner.
II. Would there be more wear and tear on Clutch?
A : Yes both clutch & gear's wear and tear will be more. Also dependent on your driving style.
III. Will the upgrade in anyway creates engine errors codes and problems associated with it?
A : It can, which is why pay more but go with the most experienced and reputable remappers only.
IV. Does that have any negative impact on the Engine life?
A : Most definitely yes. Also depends on how much the jump is. In your case it is huge.
V. What are the other things that I should know before doing an upgrade?
A : There are various types of remapping (though essentially the same), you can even go for a better mileage if you so wish, without increasing the power. And you can go for extreme jump in power which will most definitely destroy your engine in a couple of years. But all of this is also dependent on the specific engine you want to remap.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks @thebanik

"Yes both clutch & gear's wear and tear will be more. Also dependent on your driving style." - It's really true? Can you please explain how exactly remapping affects these parts?

I read that remapping shouldn't be a problem when you do it with some reputed brands. So, who's considered best in India as of now? I'm planning to go with Code6 after reading good reviews on their work. All these extra power for just 24K is something keeps me interested in it!!!

Top Bottom