Maruti Ertiga ZDI+ Power Loss in Hilly Area

Thread Starter #1
I Purchased Maruti Ertiga ZDI+ Variant in Nov 2015. it's performing well in plain areas and i didn't try it in hilly areas. But in Sep 2017 when I took it to hilly area to Solan (H.P) it lost power. and I was forced to come back to plain. Had never consult the maruti yet because of my tight schedule. can any body help please in this issue. Planning to visit Maruti suzuki in oct 2017 [frustration]

kkn13

Suspended
Strange Ive owned Ritz VDI , my cousin has Brezza and Ive driven a friends Ertiga (non SHVS), have never experienced difficulty in hilly areas given the high torque

I suggest getting it checked out soon , engine must be going in limp mode

I Purchased Maruti Ertiga ZDI+ Variant in Nov 2015. it's performing well in plain areas and i didn't try it in hilly areas. But in Sep 2017 when I took it to hilly area to Solan (H.P) it lost power. and I was forced to come back to plain. Had never consult the maruti yet because of my tight schedule. can any body help please in this issue. Planning to visit Maruti suzuki in oct 2017 [frustration]
Kindly check and replace if needed diesel filter and air filter. Next step check turbo and finally do an engine compression test by an authorised workshop.

Hii longdrivefan

Even i have maruti suzuki Ertiga ZDI+ , i bought it on 1st january 2017.
I never got that lost power problem on ghats or hilly areas, i have experice some turbo lags.

Did you fill fuel in the morning and in the hillstation? I have experienced it in Ooty once and immediately lost power after the refill. Literally had to be on first gear for a while and second gear was stalling

It became OK once it became sunny and warm enough

If the problem is with fuel during cold weather then use diesel additives for winter.

Also check for ECU, air filter, oil filter, fuel pump and the turbocharger. I am not sure whether its fixed geometry or variable geometry.

Top Bottom