Ford Figo Aspire Headlights Issue

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys,

Yesterday, I was browsing through the auto forums. I got a thread called issues with Ford Aspire headlights. Panicky I checked the same in my car and found that, its affected on me too. I asked for a warranty replacement and thought I share the same in our community to spread awareness.

Please check your headlights, even though it was in new batch as my car delivered on 2017.

a55864e7-9782-42a5-aa14-699d5a322d11.jpg

aspire-teambhp.jpg

da614e2d-d9b3-4257-9c77-81578a4ec42e.jpg

Thread Starter #4
They called me and informed, the parts has been ordered and call me when its reach. Much appreciated about the customer interaction from Kairali Ford Kochi. I am waiting to get it replaced.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I think my figo too has this issue.this is the LHS light and as i reported before the low beam too has conked off. Will get it checked.

This was not visible in day light. Clicked at night with flash on.

Attachments

I too had this issue. When i reported this issue to Chennai Ford (Ambattur) they checked all other Figo/Aspire and found out that it is there in all the cars after which they said its not an issue and will not be a problem. However, when i said to them "ok, then fine. I will send pictures to Ford India to clarify on this" they immediately wanted to send pictures themselves. Then i left the car after which they replaced both the Headlight Assy in warranty. I was not charged for this even Rs.1.

But, the problem is that the newly replaced assembly started accumulating huge mist on driver side. Which i took to them again. Then again 1 more day and 1 more replacement (in warranty). Now all looks fine. But, going by the reports in other forums seems like this issue is gonna crop up again soon.

FORD should step in immediately and get the design corrected or the quality of the reflector improved (whichever is at fault). Lets see.

Note: All this happened around 2 months ago.

Thread Starter #8
Hi Guys,

I got the headlamps changed under warranty without any fuss. But I think it will come again soon, as Ford doesn't made any changes on the headlamp or vendor after 2016. I heard that the Sports edition headlamps are export quality and hence no worries for the Sport owners. Fingers crossed about the new head lamps.

I think Ford has to be made a recall, As I can see, every other Aspire/Figo or even Ecosport have the same issue at ASS.

Lets see what Ford will do regarding this.

Hi Guys,

I got the headlamps changed under warranty without any fuss. But I think it will come again soon, as Ford doesn't made any changes on the headlamp or vendor after 2016. I heard that the Sports edition headlamps are export quality and hence no worries for the Sport owners. Fingers crossed about the new head lamps.

I think Ford has to be made a recall, As I can see, every other Aspire/Figo or even Ecosport have the same issue at ASS.

Lets see what Ford will do regarding this.
Ford has recently launched Led bulbs for Endeavour and soon to be available for Ecosport too. Ford cars share the same bulb across the range ie., 12V55W, so it should be compatible with Figo too. Not many dealer are aware of it, should take few more weeks for them to get notified. Led doesn't produce heat and hence no tanning effect (blackish) on the front panel of the headlight assembly.

bhvm

Honoured Member
OEM quality LED bulbs have been available for years in Open market. You can get a pair from aliexpress. We have been using different types of LED bulbs in cars and bikes for 3 years now. However, how will ford thread this mod for warranty is a question.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ed-headlight-conversion-bulbs-cars-bikes.html

BTW Ford has some really pathetic headlight quality if chrome is bubbling in stock bulb.

Last edited:
OEM quality LED bulbs have been available for years in Open market. You can get a pair from aliexpress. We have been using different types of LED bulbs in cars and bikes for 3 years now. However, how will ford thread this mod for warranty is a question.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ed-headlight-conversion-bulbs-cars-bikes.html

BTW Ford has some really pathetic headlight quality if chrome is bubbling in stock bulb.
Any non Ford installations will make the electrical / electronic warranty invalid. Ford is very particularly about this warranty clause.

Top Bottom