Hyundai Grand i10 Clutch & Other Issues

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently bought Hyundai Grand i10 petrol face lifted model.The car has done 1,300 kms and i'm facing a few issues with the car. This is my first car and i'm a novice to the world of cars. Pardon me if some of my questions sounds very basic.

1. There is a "tak" sound while shifting gears. It doesn't happen all the time but mostly occurs when i'm shifting gears around 2.5k rpm mark and trying to shift the gears quickly. Sound seems to be originating from some place under the car. I took my car to first service yesterday and the service advisor said that he has adjusted the clutch. He kept giving me some gyaan on how i should not shift gears at high rpm which might cause premature death of clutch and all such BS. After clutch adjustment, clutch play has decreased but on the other hand gear shifting has become harder. Shifting to second gear is little harder than before. The "tak" sound still persists but its less noticeable than before. I have to say first, third and fifth gear are very smooth but the second and third seems to be hard and notchy.

2. Engine revvs while changing gear : I'm still not able to figure out why this is happening. This issue also happens when i'm trying to shift gears quickly( both upshift and downshift). Engine makes a revving sound while changing gears. I read somewhere that it happens if we don't take the foot off the accelerator on time. Well, i kept that point in mind and tried to change the gear while releasing the foot completely off the accelerator and it gave the same issue. I would like to mention that i don't face this issue while changing the gear in a relaxed manner.

3. Some of you who may have driven Grand i10 might have felt that the brakes on i10 are too sensitive and strong. It took me sometime to get used to the brakes and once i got used to it i started liking the brakes for its effectiveness. Those sharp brakes has got me out of some tricky situations. After the first service, brakes seems to have lost its effectiveness. It doesn't bite as well as before. I did not mentioned anything about brakes while discussing the job card but looks like the technicians adjusted it. Brake play seems to be the same but braking effectiveness is missing. what could be the issue?

I would like to make a point about " Hyundai" as a company. Hyundai service team isn't anywhere as good the sales team. Everyone at Hyundai seems to be courteous and well behaved but they seems to be more interested in selling things than servicing the cars. SA was trying to push me into buying extended warranty, some 3d mats, anti rust coating etc etc. The only thing i wanted was better horns. They took 1,800 rs to install Creta hors( bill says Bosch horns though). 1,800 rs for a set of horns without relay seems to be a rip off. I didn't complain since the horns sound great.

I would appreciate if someone can answer my above queries

regards
Sumesh

Last edited:
Re: Clutch and other issues in new car

@sumesh, "Tak" sound is normal but you should practise your driving skills. Release the clutch slowly "Tak" noise will reduce. Don't think something changed in first service just washing and cleaning is the first service.

Re: Clutch and other issues in new car

Which variant of grand i10 you have? Always post with full details.

Top Bottom