Ford Fiesta Steering Feedback Issue?

Thread Starter #1
Guys I have been facing a strange situation with my Fiesta 1.6. It has hydraulic power steering just like Old gen Ford Figo which I own as well.

Now ever since I bought Fiesta(last year) I have been feeling that during hard cornering the feedback offered by Figo is far superior to that by Fiesta. On Figo, the moment I turn the steering, it wants to return to center in a perfect calibrated way with good amount of return pressure and I have to hold the steering firm to keep turning. On Fiesta this responsiveness to return to center is much less which leaves a very vague feeling. Also I feel Fiesta steering is slightly sticky but it could very well be Placebo effect as well. Both cars turn tack sharp without much roll so I don't think suspension is at fault here.

I complained to Ford guys multiple times but they are simply not able to understand it. I was not able to try this on another Fiesta since I didn't want to risk someone's car.

I have tried below things till now.

1. Alignment/balancing at two different shops.
2. Two different sets of tires. Yoko/Michelin's.
3. PS fluid replacement.
4. My friendly mechanic at FNG removed all steering components except the rack to see if there is any play or stiffness but there is absolutely none. Luckily he could clearly feel the difference between Figo and Fiesta as well!

Top Bottom