New Generation Car Jacks: Convenience or Not?

Thread Starter #1
The newer generation cars have jack with small handle which is very inconvenient for newer drivers to change tyre without help.
Still remember how old jack of premier padmini was so easy to use, a long handle could be easy for a single person to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New Generation Cars' jack; Convenience or Not?

Nowadays with tubeless tyres i think most people would not have even used the jack in their cars!

I dont find anything inconvenient with the jacks. They are provided with rods which can be hooked and used when the situation arises.
However as Dhaya mentioned, with tubeless tires one hardly gets a puncture.

sorry for asking this stupid question but how were the jacks in old cars?? :tongue:

I remember the one we had in premier padmini. We used to hook it in the skirt area there was small hole in it and once you fix the jack and turn it to rise the vehicle the whole one side used to lift. Hehe if you have same side front and rear tire puncture no need to use the jack twice, quite thoughtful![glasses]

The jack which now I have is the only form of jack I know which is a retractable arm structure like thing (the most common ones)

Top Bottom