The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   The Technical Zone (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/)
-   -   HELP! There Are Gremlins in My Central Locking! (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/31857-help-there-gremlins-my-central-locking.html)

bhvm 10th August 2017 09:51 AM

HELP! There Are Gremlins in My Central Locking!

Dear friends,
This question is with respect to my Hyundai i10 Blue boy Limited Edition.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...ed-review.html

Equipment-
OEM central locking with burglar Alarm and Immobilizer

Symptoms-
1. Door locks Open itself in few minutes after locking, on their own.
2. The Indicators that used to flash when pressing lock button on Remote keyfob no longer flash.
3. I am unable to invoke Burglar alarm or Immobilizer in anyway. Earlier, if we tried to lock the car with one of the door open, there would be a loud alarm. That does not happen now.

Testing-
The blue boy has already spent an entire day at Hyundai ASC, Jalgaon for the same. They still could not diagnoise the issue.
Here is what we already did- (many of which I personally did)

1. Checking all fuses
2. Spraying WD40 in Iginition hole, key hole, Door locks, Door sensors, bonnet lock, Dicky lock etc
3. Open Driver side door and check & Oil actuator
4. Check wring for rat bite visually.
5. Short out Bonnet position switch
6. Short out Door Position switches (Ones that turn on Cabin Light or show door ajar warning)
7. Provide earth to Chasis externally from battery to isolate bad ground issue.
8. Poking around with multimeter to check battery voltage and earths condition.

I'm in quite a jinkx peple! Becasue car cannot be used anywhere in this condition. Help!

Please note that the issue happens the same be it locking from key fob, manually by pressing lever or locking by inserting key in driver door. SO its not related to keyfob at all.

pravin1987 10th August 2017 10:53 AM

Re: HELP! There are Gremlins in my Central Locking!

This has to be problem with one of the door hinges that controls the locking knob. I had a similar problem in my safari.

when you try to lock the car, the central locking takes control and the immobilizer gets activated.

when the door hinges do not contact with the solenoid the central locking system senses that the doors are not locked properly.

apply oil on the door knobs and the tiny little springs try to free up the springs. this should work

If not it needs a expert mechanic to open the door pads, to find out the tiny little springs that in the bonnet and boot lid.

bhvm 10th August 2017 10:57 AM

Hello Pravin,Thanks for joining in.
What springs are you referring to Actually? Ones inside door pads ? How do they look?>, Door pads I can open myself.

We have already liberally sprayed WD 40 on door lock latches and door Hinges.

pravin1987 10th August 2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhvm (Post 545480)
Hello Pravin,Thanks for joining in.
What springs are you referring to Actually? Ones inside door pads ? How do they look?>, Door pads I can open myself.

We have already liberally sprayed WD 40 on door lock latches and door Hinges.

when you closely look at the door pads, there are some springs that holds the knob. it is visible from the outside. Oil works well from my experience.

spray liberal amount of oil and try moving them with your hands. yes there are little springs that are located inside the door pads too.

have you tried disconnecting the battery terminals, probably cleaning it with hot water..sounds basic..but this can do good.

trying with a spare remote lock?

bhvm 10th August 2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pravin1987 (Post 545482)
when you closely look at the door pads, there are some springs that holds the knob. it is visible from the outside. Oil works well from my experience.

spray liberal amount of oil and try moving them with your hands. yes there are little springs that are located inside the door pads too.

have you tried disconnecting the battery terminals, probably cleaning it with hot water..sounds basic..but this can do good.

trying with a spare remote lock?

I still cannot understand what Springs you mean.[frustration]
I will click some pics and post here so you can highlight what do you mean. Battery disconnect and charging we have already tried.

There is only one remote lock. Other is simple key.
Problem is same with both.

At the ASS the fiddling has already caused scratches on key and Panels. One person opened the key fob and started playing with it. Removing battery and what not. He also scratched it in the process [anger]

pravin1987 10th August 2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhvm (Post 545483)
I still cannot understand what Springs you mean.[frustration]
I will click some pics and post here so you can highlight what do you mean. Battery disconnect and charging we have already tried.

There is only one remote lock. Other is simple key.
Problem is same with both.

At the ASS the fiddling has already caused scratches on key and Panels. One person opened the key fob and started playing with it. Removing battery and what not. He also scratched it in the process [anger]

Disconnect the fuse of the central locking system and try to lock the car and the boot lid by means of key.

when you lock using remote control fob, does the lock symbol on the dashboard light up/blink?

when the car unlocks does all the doors unlock or it's only the driver side boor?

bhvm 10th August 2017 12:18 PM

I disconnected the Fuse. Now all Doors can be locked independently.
I don't remember if i10 has any lock symbol on dashboard that would blink.
When I lock unlocks using central locking. All doors Lock and unlock at once.

pravin1987 10th August 2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhvm (Post 545488)
I disconnected the Fuse. Now all Doors can be locked independently.
When I lock unlocks using central locking. All doors Lock and unlock at once.

This points to a problem with the locking system itself. in my safari the central lock would not lock or unlock or momentarily locks itself or a half lock..initially we inspected the door hinges,,none of it worked.

remove the fuse for the central locking and the immobilizer fuse, the car should start...

bhvm 10th August 2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pravin1987 (Post 545493)
This points to a problem with the locking system itself. in my safari the central lock would not lock or unlock or momentarily locks itself or a half lock..initially we inspected the door hinges,,none of it worked.

remove the fuse for the central locking and the immobilizer fuse, the car should start...

Here problem is reverse.[frustration]
Car starts. Door locks open randomly
Alarm never starts.

Releesh 11th August 2017 07:42 PM

Re: HELP! There Are Gremlins in My Central Locking!

May be the problem due to the main unit (small black box under the dash) of central lock.Did the ASS checked the central locking with spare unit?Usually on the rain season aftermarket central lock units like 'Autocop' will show some weird issues like this.Either you have to replace the unit or remote on that case.

bhvm 21st August 2017 09:34 AM

Sorry for not updating the thread enough.
I had a small doubt on Hatch lock. Sprayed copious amounts of WD 40 into key hole and locking mechanism. And LO!

The indcator lights work once again and car has'nt unlocked overnight. Will test a few more days and report!

bhvm 23rd September 2017 09:46 AM

So the car was once given to ASC to diagnoise the central lock issue. They arranged electrician at my home branch (Its an on demand branch, Not full fledged branch) to check the stuff.

These 2 things were done-
1, Remove battery Negative and clean the contact/Sand the point where its earthed to the chasis.

2. They brought a refurbiushed BCM and are now trying to check its effects on my car. However the refurbished BCM is itself finicky and sometimes operates only 1 lock and sometimes all.

Unfortunately, After spending a day trying out, The actual issue could not be diagnosed. And Now it appears to me that Hyundai service is not as good as Mahindra. Here, they do not even have any customer care email.

Not sure what to do now.